'80 VW Caddy (Rabbit truck) system, E30 dash, suspension...

I squeezed a little more air space after working around the seat belt retractors.

A mixture of resin and filler was poured over the fiberglass then sound deadened.

Craft felt attached and resined.

Layered up with 10 layers of mat. Almost killed the 4th gallon of resin on this build.

I needed 2.39cu ft of internal airspace, I ended up with 2.55cu ft.

Thanks guys

Rings for the tweeters mounted

Stretched with grill cloth, resined, 2 layers of cloth, body worked, and mixture of filler/resin poured into the pod to make it more solid.

I want to add cup holders but the E brake handle was in the way so out it went. I made a void in the sub enclosure by glassing over a 4" pvc and added an actuator.

video

I will be continuing the E30 theme into the door panels. I picked up some E30 window regulator motors and interior door grab handles/armrests. I took apart some new VW regulators and mated the E30 motors to them. The power windows are operating perfect.

I grafted the door handle mounting points to the door. I still have much more metal work to do to the doors.

Started on a trim panel/center console.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.