80 rms enough???

shorty24sev
10+ year member

hamilton
Right now i have an alpine head unit, JL xr components, and jl vr 6x9s. My question for you guys is...do you feel the 300/4 will be enough to power these things or should i screw the rear fill and get a 300/2? I would really like to keep the rear fill in bout if 80watts rms isnt enough for these suckers to sing...i will just get the 300/2. thanks for reading and helping me out guys.

80 watts rms is fine for a 6x9 or a 6.5, its the subs that need gobs of power, most systems only have 40 watts rms going to the components so 80 is lots, I say go for it, the JL 300.4 is a fine amp and will hammer your speakers with authority.

umm i would go 2 channel and amp the components only vehicles i would rear fill would be an explorer or a suv of larger size.....if you want rear fill make sure it isnt bright and run it off your deck you do the fronts justice you will see exactly what i am saying

That amp should be sufficient to power your mids. However, I will also ask, what benefit are the rear speakers providing you? There are several opinions out there about the necesity of rear fill, most favoring omiting it all together. When you have rear fill your soundstage gets pulled to the rear of the vehicle, thus making imaging and proper sound reproduction more difficult. In a well tuned system, the front stage should be optimized to a point where thier output appears to fill the entire car and is not centralized at any particular place.

I would concentrate on the front stage formost and do without the rear. It will take a little more tuning and adjustment time, however, the end results are very much worth it.

take it easy,

-zane

i know what you mean. the only reason why i wanted the rear fill is because i have 6x9s and they will produce a good amount of bass with 80 rms goin to them..i think atleast. I dont feel like my components can put enough bass out. however, i am going to get 15w3 running off a jbl 1200.1 but that wont be for a while. do you think that my components with 150 rms to each will supply the much needed bass?

Hey by da way 6x9's blow goats.Seperate mid/tweet is the only way to go.Whens the last time you seen a nice system with 6x9's(not often if ever).//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/nono.gif.eca61d170185779e0921b0faa9704973.gif

iight then guys...it looks like im going wit the 300/2..but im thinking that i might get the subs first ...but sometime i will def get the 300/2 ...thank for all the help.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.