8 speakers, one head unit......

Tmx20SC
10+ year member

Bass In Your Face!
South, Tx
Currently my expedition has four speakers and the crappy factory radio. Lets say i want to hook up some tweets in the front and 2 6x9's in the 3rd row seat. How do i hook up these extra speakers to the factory radio or do i need to buy amplifiers.

with just headunit power...you really can't do "extra speakers" ...you'll have to either run them in parallel, which the headunit won't be able to handle long, or series, which means each speaker will get around 7 or 8 watts. ****.

Comp's are way over my budget. I just want to hook up some extra speakers mean while.

YOu can get Crunch 5 1/4's for like 50 form online car stereo. Made by the same people that make MB Quart so they cant be that bad. I havnt heard them but i have heard the hifonics comps and they sound great and all still the smae company

with just headunit power...you really can't do "extra speakers" ...you'll have to either run them in parallel, which the headunit won't be able to handle long, or series, which means each speaker will get around 7 or 8 watts. ****.
Oh i see. I do have the quantum audio head unit but i just havent installed it yet. It has rca's 2 front 2 rear can i use y cables for a 2nd 4 channel amp?

I was actually thinking of putting another set of comps in the middle of my car for teh sound imaging.

But, to hook up 8 speakers to your HU, you'd have to check to see if your HU is stable at 2-ohms.

But it probably isn't.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.