8" sub for sealed enclosure

jolly_26
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Wanting to buy an 8" sub for a sealed enclosure; I only have 0.7cu.ft. to work with unfortunately. May be interested in a pair as I can do a box behind each seat that size, but probably just one as I am trying to keep weight down.

Would prefer something that hits the lows well even sealed, so a low fs is essential. Was planning for SQL, but decided I'd go lightweight, and keep full seat movement for my passenger so it'll be hard.

Shipping will be to New Zealand, and budget is flexible, not yet sure if it's even worth importing so lets see what comes up //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

um i know ill get flamed for it but just about any mainstream 10inch sub will play fine in that airspace. personally i would look at id, arc audio, memphis c3. you can fit a pair of arc or id 8s in that single .7cube box they only require .35sealed

um i know ill get flamed for it but just about any mainstream 10inch sub will play fine in that airspace. personally i would look at id, arc audio, memphis c3. you can fit a pair of arc or id 8s in that single .7cube box they only require .35sealed
Yeah I was thinking about that but the way the box has to be built prohibits a 10" sub, the face the subs will be mounted on is only just over 8" wide. If I mount them the other way the box has to be smaller to give the sub room to breathe; the box will be jammed in the 8" or so between the passenger seat and the firewall.

well kicker 8s like bigger boxes and you can run other 8s in that size box but u are going to have to be careful with the power
never actually realised how little space it takes to run an 8, maybe I do have room to port the box. Will update thread asap if I can design a box that'll work.

Ran some quick numbers and it's not going to work with any real amount of port area, box size ends up at like 0.3cu.ft. after port and sub displacement, and port length is huge, takes up more than half the box going back and fourth. Can always make box smaller and run 1 8 or run 2 8s that will fit in 0.7cu.ft. Anyone got any out there?

Ran some quick numbers and it's not going to work with any real amount of port area, box size ends up at like 0.3cu.ft. after port and sub displacement, and port length is huge, takes up more than half the box going back and fourth. Can always make box smaller and run 1 8 or run 2 8s that will fit in 0.7cu.ft. Anyone got any out there?
make the box the size for ported.. then just run an external tube for your port... keeps the full box space and port is all out of the box

I have a couple custom 8's I should get rid of... What VC do you need?
Would like to be able to wire down to 1 ohm but 2 ohm would be fine' date=' I could be keen on them, PM me details?

---------- Post added at 04:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:58 PM ----------

make the box the size for ported.. then just run an external tube for your port... keeps the full box space and port is all out of the box
Yeah want this to look really clean though, and there isn't really room for an external port either

Would like to be able to wire down to 1 ohm but 2 ohm would be fine, I could be keen on them, PM me details? 

---------- Post added at 04:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:58 PM ----------

Yeah want this to look really clean though, and there isn't really room for an external port either
I have seen a few external square ports done that looks clean as hell and basically looks like the rear hump behind the seats .. just have to take the time and do it right... take a picture of behind the seats man so we can actually see what you have to work with?

I have seen a few external square ports done that looks clean as hell and basically looks like the rear hump behind the seats .. just have to take the time and do it right... take a picture of behind the seats man so we can actually see what you have to work with?
I'm not sure what you mean by the hump behind the seats? I'm basically wanting to throw together a box quickly before I go back to Uni in a few days, and just take up the tools I need to put the subs in the box and tune the amp once I'm there, as if they are being sent from overseas they won't turn up until next semester starts.

It's dark out but I did some hunting on google images.

This is pretty much what I have to work with, but the seat in this image will not go back all the way.

23231780020_large.jpg

This is what my car actually looks like, note the different centre console.

PA140284%20ebay.jpg

yeah... **** no spaces at all in that thing... i would rip out the center console and build a box there
haha yeah such a pain in the ***. Absolutely love it though. The car's mid engined, so you can only get rid of as much of the centre console as you see in the first pic before you run into all sorts of trouble hahaha

---------- Post added at 05:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:33 PM ----------

What brand are you looking for a 8" sub?
just anything really options open, got something for sale?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.