8 gauge?

alove_85
10+ year member

Love is Life
I'm running two amps of one 8 gauge power cable. A 300 watt max jensen and a 2000 watt max legacy and it seems to work just fine for powering my two infinity perfect 12s. I'm guessings thought with 4 or 2 gauge running to my 2000 watt amp I would be able to tell a big difference in how loud the subs are. Am I right or do I have no idea what I'm talking about lol?

Originally posted by dr. no You wouldn't hear any difference:cool:
first off thats wrong....there will be a difference....more importantly its a freaking hazard and a half.

Legacy amps ****, so your 2k amp is probably putting out less than 1000 watts so figure between the two amps your drawing no more than 80-100 amps peak (probably less). Running through at least a 15ft stretch of 8 guage is VERY risky, and cheating those amps out of power. With thicker wire, there is less resistace, more electrons to flow (thats what actually moves [what electricty is made of]) and hense those amps get better power and your car doesn't start on fire when your having a prolonged bumping session with some of your friends.

Those 2 amps prob combine ot probably like a whopping 650 watts rms. You won't hear any difference. Seriously you won't. If he has a fuse mounted near the batt. he's cool on the safety end also. If it was more power it would be a different story.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.