7k rms...

Not saying more runs would help u but i dont consider dropping into the 12s good voltage ..i drop to 14.2 full tilt 

---------- Post added at 02:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:13 PM ----------

You need to go to sams and pick up the duracell agm g31s they are 170-180 each
That's because your amp is small enough for your alt to power .. Your not even on batt power bro .. Dropping to 12s is not a issue

Ive got 5k between amps one being a/b power hog and half the batts he has too
Bro your batts don't rest at 14+v .. If you stay at 14v your alt is keeping up .. Btw your not seeing 5k+ or anything close constantly ... Sooooooo

Bro your batts don't rest at 14+v no point to try and argue here .. If you stay at 14v your alt is keeping . Btw your not seeing 5k+ or anything close constantly ... Sooooooo
No sayin it was clamped power just stating what i have amd what my voltage is..he wont be seeing 7k either

i have a aq3500.1 and a ppi bk800.4 with 4 runs of 1/0 big 3 duracell 55ah under the hood and 2 100ah dekas in back and i stay at 14.2 with the mechman 240 fully engaged

08, how did you set your gains? Where are you taking voltage from? I know you're not a noob bro, but if you're running a 4k with 1 alt, how is it possible to stay above 14v at full tilt?

08, how did you set your gains? Where are you taking voltage from? I know you're not a noob bro, but if you're running a 4k with 1 alt, how is it possible to stay above 14v at full tilt?
Gains set with dd1 and volt meter is wired directly to the amps..im a votlage god? Idk i drop to 13 at idle whem fully engaged 14.2 ...gota think tho im externally regulated charging at 15.1

---------- Post added at 02:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:27 PM ----------

And if i had a dollar for everytime someone asked how my votlage stays there i could buy this guy some batts

I have two 125ah batts in back, a 55 ah in front and an alt that's getting me no less than 310 amps at 1200 rpm, and I drop to 13. I might gain a tenth or two if I add another +/- run, but it's doing fine as it is imo.

I have two 125ah batts in back, a 55 ah in front and an alt that's getting me no less than 310 amps at 1200 rpm, and I drop to 13. I might gain a tenth or two if I add another +/- run, but it's doing fine as it is imo.
Idk what to tell ya just trying to give him real world numbers on diff power levels..not trying to stsrt a war.what do u charge to start with ? My alt does 243 @2k

Gains set with dd1 and volt meter is wired directly to the amps..im a votlage god? Idk i drop to 13 at idle whem fully engaged 14.2 ...gota think tho im externally regulated charging at 15.1 

---------- Post added at 02:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:27 PM ----------

And if i had a dollar for everytime someone asked how my votlage stays there i could buy this guy some batts
Well your alt fully engaged obv is keeping up with your current draw .. There's no other way you'd be holding above 14v

Idk what to tell ya just trying to give him real world numbers on diff power levels..not trying to stsrt a war.what do u charge to start with ? My alt does 243 @2k
It's a forum were supposed to argue ... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/naughty.gif.94359f346c0f1259df8038d60b41863e.gif

I wasn't trying to argue either. I just figure that if the amp is drawing more than the alt is capable of producing at full tilt, it's normal to dip into the batteries resting voltage. It's hard for me to see any way around that happening is why I'm even asking questions.

here's a dumb question for you. i'm going to be doing a new build soon bigger than i've done in the past. now the multiable runs of pos and neg from the front are those coming off the front batt or straight alt or both of the two? multi negs from batt? Thanks, sorry op for jumping in your thread, Lol
It's all good, no dumb questions here ! I was gonna do my run for alternator to the back

I wasn't trying to argue either. I just figure that if the amp is drawing more than the alt is capable of producing at full tilt, it's normal to dip into the batteries resting voltage. It's hard for me to see any way around that happening is why I'm even asking questions.
I agree amd it does dip down to resting votage at idle but while driving never below 14.2 which is .9 drop

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.