75 w to 100 w comps worth it?

crispy highs
10+ year member

I was wondering if it is worth making the jump from 75 watt rms comps to 100 watt rms comps, would it make a BIG difference or not really........//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif

Any of you done it and was it worth the jump?......

Originally posted by Gauntlet What kind of comps? What kind of amp do you have now and what are you looking to get?
I have an orion extreme 800.4 and it's pushing fosgates fanatics x's front and rear.....I'm looking to get either the fanatic q's or boston acoustics or mb quarts.....

I have an orion extreme 800.4 and it's pushing fosgates fanatics x's front and rear.....I'm looking to get either the fanatic q's or boston acoustics or mb quarts.....
I assume this pushes 100x4 @ 4 ohms?

I'd get the boston acoustics or MB Quarts

I like the MB's.

You might want to stay with the same kind due to the freq. and the whole sound compairson issue. Some people tend to think that the MB's are more harsh than others, some like the Boston's due to their smothness. It all personal preferance, but I would stick with the same kind.

Originally posted by crispy highs I was wondering if it is worth making the jump from 75 watt rms comps to 100 watt rms comps, would it make a BIG difference or not really........//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif

Any of you done it and was it worth the jump?......
yes it would make a big difference on sound quality.. the Q would sound much cleaner in louder vol than x... i'll take mb quart q series over rockford q..

If I was to choose between MB Quarts and Rockford I'd take MB anyday. As for the the 75 to 100 power change I'd highly recomend it. Not only would you get a big difference in SQ but if you needed some headroom you'd have some. Later

MB Quarts sound much better. I think that there is one two reasons why RF bought MB Quarts:

1. Have gain more $$$ from the SQ market (rather than day to day people)

2. If I'm not mistaken it means that RF can intergrate some of the patients from MB Quarts products & vice versa.

RF sure does own alot of companies anymore. The two largest names that stick out in my head is MB Quarts and Lightning Audio. Oh well, I''ve got no complaints....//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

im not saying that they were the same just saying they are owned by the same company....just thought i'd let everyone know that didnt know.....i dont know im in a weird mood today

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.