7-8" mid suggestions

cshaw
10+ year member

free the robots
i think i messed up one of my mids when drunk one night (i wast driving) just playing to loud for my 60 x/o point. now that i have a job, and after paying for some stuff first like ac and fixing my laptop. im down to buy. budget is around l50-200 for the pair.

wont be buying for a month or so, giving ample time to do research. just looking for some opinions on what to run. at first it will be passive, then when i get a 4ch amp i will go active. x/o for the tweeters is i think 3400 or 3200 i forget.

thanks for any suggestions

I would think most speakers that size are really midbass units, an 8" speaker would tend to beam at the upper freq's you are planning on crossing it over at.

any other suggestions? looking for good mid range/mid bass 7-8"mid

they are going in the doors, you think that would be a problem with imaging with the bigger speakers?

the thing is with the dayton's is they dont go high enough for the 3400 x/o point. and i dont know how long it will be till i go active. but some dls iridium's are looking nice.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.