6x9's clipping

Participant count
  • Participant list

adr531
10+ year member

ct
alright whenever i turn up my volume more to hear my subs the 6x9's i have in the back start to clip bc they arent getting enough power and they are run directly off my alpine head unit. i was talking to the guy at the local shop and he said i have two options either to get these things called bass blockers (capacitors) or get a nother amp for my 6x9's. bc the amp i got for my kicker solobaric 10 is a 600x1.

i went ahead and bought the bass blockers and they worked for a while. but now they are slowly starting to clip and its really pissing me off.

i have these other 6x9's in my garage they are pioneer 120w max 30w rms. i was wondering if they make 6x9's that only put out treble??

i dont want them to put out bass, bc thats what i got my sub for. these speakers dont have that big woofer in the middle there is a tiny paper cone so i was wondering if i can just put these in? i may just have to buy a whole new amp and switch it so they are highs only. anyway lemme know what u think about the 6x9's thanks.

Why don't you just take out your 6x9s ?
1) It'll bring the sound stage forwards (good thing)

2) It'll probably sound better (good thing)

3) If they're in your rear deck, your sub will be louder (I assume this would be a good thing to you)
Bingo ...

And if you think you need rear fill ... a round speaker would work wonders //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif Basic 2-way 6.5".

- Steve

well see all i have is 2 6x9's and they barely fit in the screw holes in the back near my trunk.

so if its 2-way that means it doesnt put out bass? bc my current 6x9's are 3way but the ones in my garage that i might put in are 2. thanks.

yeah i would look into getting just a mid bass. http://www.adireaudio.com Look at some koda mid bass drivers. otherwise take those guys' advice and just take out the rears. If you have just treble up front you're more than likely missing out on a large frequency range. So I would reccomend maybe a 2 way component setup in the front.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.