6x9 vs ?

Participant count
  • Participant list

93F250

Oregon
So I have a single cab truck that gets most of its music through two 6x9 speakers. It's time to replace/upgrade those speakers and I've heard there are better options in different size speakers and I'm wondering if that's true?

I have about a hundred to spend on the speakers and can easily go to a different speaker size.

What's the best option for the best sound quality?

I have one 4" speaker in each door and one 6x9 in each rear corner

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

well u can use a 6.5" comp set instead of 6x9's they made adapter plates for it.. the 6x9 usually have more midbass, if u have a sub u can use comp set or sets and let sub play up to 100-120hz.. if u don't have or want a sub i'd get a 6x9

well u can use a 6.5" comp set instead of 6x9's they made adapter plates for it.. the 6x9 usually have more midbass, if u have a sub u can use comp set or sets and let sub play up to 100-120hz.. if u don't have or want a sub i'd get a 6x9
I will have a 12" sub as well so maybe I want to look into the 6.5s

I will have a 12" sub as well so maybe I want to look into the 6.5s
good comps will have better sound and better tweeter (if u use mat under them) 6x9 makes more midbass usually tweeter can't keep up with the mid bass normally for rear thats ok (most of us don't even use rears some guys run like 250rms per door speaker, 1 guy here has 4-10" midranges lol) but since u have tiny speakers up front (be great if u cut that door and fit comp set there or even 6.5 coax) and if rear speakers are almost at your head it should work..

good comps will have better sound and better tweeter (if u use mat under them) 6x9 makes more midbass usually tweeter can't keep up with the mid bass normally for rear thats ok (most of us don't even use rears some guys run like 250rms per door speaker, 1 guy here has 4-10" midranges lol) but since u have tiny speakers up front (be great if u cut that door and fit comp set there or even 6.5 coax) and if rear speakers are almost at your head it should work..
250rms per door? Does this consist of both midrange and high pass? I would love to know that speaker puts out that much power please.... I'm the highest output speaker I'v heard of is 110rms 300 watts. If there's a higher output speaker out there I'd like to get my hands on them!!!!
Sent from my MHA-L09 using Tapatalk

250rms per door? Does this consist of both midrange and high pass? I would love to know that speaker puts out that much power please.... I'm the highest output speaker I'v heard of is 110rms 300 watts. If there's a higher output speaker out there I'd like to get my hands on them!!!!
He's talking about big builds....8" or even 10" mids in each door panel. Yes they exist yes they use that much power and then some. Look on youtube. Plenty of vids on there shows what we're talking about.

He's talking about big builds....8" or even 10" mids in each door panel. Yes they exist yes they use that much power and then some. Look on youtube. Plenty of vids on there shows what we're talking about.
Cheers for that... Sounds like another project If I like what I see.

Being your in AU, it'll cost $$$$. Loud sound doesn't come cheap.
I will do my research... If it really is expensive. I will save because if it is as good as u say I will build and play for a bit then sell just to find another project.

Watts dont determine loudness, sensitivity does. an 86 db sensitivity speaker rated for 150 rms will be less loud than a 92db sensitivity speaker rated for 50 rms if both were fully powered.

i'm running 450 watts rms to a pair of 6.5s and they are rated for 250 rms. Putting 400 watts to each 10" midbass. 150 watts to each tweeter.

the 6.5s are louder than the 4 10s combined if both were given full range signals.

Its a high sensitivity driver meaning even on head unit power, it gets loud but when you just dump more and more power onto them, it just gets totally crazy.

http://store.soundsolutionsaudio.com/products/prv-audio-6mr500-ndy-4-6-inch-4-ohm-midrange.html

i'm running 450 watts rms to a pair of 6.5s and they are rated for 250 rms. Putting 400 watts to each 10" midbass. 150 watts to each tweeter.

the 6.5s are louder than the 4 10s combined if both were given full range signals.

Its a high sensitivity driver meaning even on head unit power, it gets loud but when you just dump more and more power onto them, it just gets totally crazy.

https://www.parts-express.com/prv-audio-6mr500-ndy-4-6-1-2-neodymium-midrange-woofer-4-ohm--294-2706
Do you get treble out of these Bro ? Their prices right converted to the AUD $$ postage will be a bish for sure... I'm keen though my car takes that size I can fit in 4 easily.... Only because my kids sit in the back an they love loud music. An would an alpine pdx 4.1 push them good?

I will do my research... If it really is expensive. I will save because if it is as good as u say I will build and play for a bit then sell just to find another project.
i'd say your best bet is rockford punch pro audio midrange drivers and some rockford T1 tweeters. You'll need an active capable head unit though and a big 4 channel amp.

Do you get treble out of these Bro ? Their prices right converted to the AUD $$ postage will be a bish for sure... I'm keen though my car takes that size I can fit in 4 easily.... Only because my kids sit in the back an they love loud music. An would an alpine pdx 4.1 push them good?
They need to be ran with a tweeter for best results but yeah they do play high up into the treble range but no upper end sparkle or detail, its a midrange its job is not supposed to play treble.

i'd say your best bet is rockford punch pro audio midrange drivers and some rockford T1 tweeters. You'll need an active capable head unit though and a big 4 channel amp.
Well I'm currently running an alpine Type R SPR60 C (woofer in back panels) (hatchback) tweeters on the dash. an SPR60 in from doors. Would those Rockford do better?

My headunit is an INE-W940E

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.