6x9 Mid Bass Drivers.

Unless you have a verify specific door opening or factory opening, most with the 6x9 cut to go with an 7" or 8" midbass. I have an old 3 way set that uses a 6 x9 midbass and I looked at those to replace the blown midbass in the set. I heard some good and some bad about cdt. I did see that people that used the Image dynamics set loved them and the played low, but they are pricey. The one constant that I did hear about the cdt is they can play low which a bunch of midbass I listened to now cant do. Some are super loud, but dont really do anything under 80 hz.

Well the Scion TC has a factory 6x9 opening in the front door for the pioneer 3 way components, so fitting one would be a simple install. Plus the opening in the interior door panel is setup for 6x8. If I went to a round 7 or 8 I would have to modify the door panel. A 6x9 would be a perfect shoe in.

The Hertz 6.5's are good, but just don't have the kick on my leg that the pioneer 6x9 factory speakers had (although they were a bit boomy and I know were not going to last long with the amp hooked to them).

So the ID 6x9 mid bass are 300 bucks! Ouch. The CDT's are 150, not too bad. Was hoping someone had some experience with them...

Wow, at those prices temped to try to shoehorn one of those in. Only problem would be I may have to cut the door sheet metal to get them in and then there's clearing the windows hardware inside...
At some point cutting is going to happen as you will want more then more then more so just cut to the chase and get what u really want first time around and be done. Just my thoughts... Unless ur leasing the car then might not wanna glass anything...

Don't know if I want to take a daily driver that far, just bolting in some decent 6x9 mid bass would be as far as I would want to go, the interior of the car is small what I have now is more than enough. Just a little more bump from the front soundstatge vs the 6.5's would be nice.

I had the CDT subs in my rear deck for a short time and they sounded pretty good. I couldn't turn them up much though because the plastic package tray buzzed terribly no matter what I did with deadening. If you have the space already I'd go for it.

Note: I'll prolly be selling mine soon...

I had the CDT subs in my rear deck for a short time and they sounded pretty good. I couldn't turn them up much though because the plastic package tray buzzed terribly no matter what I did with deadening. If you have the space already I'd go for it.
Note: I'll prolly be selling mine soon...
Well how much would you be selling them for?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.