6500-7500 watts @12v

Participant count
  • Participant list
With the Brazilian 8k's like the hd8000 you are only seeing 5500 -5800 after rise daily even on caps , they won't survive wired lower than there lowest rated impedance, any good Korean 10k wired down will do a solid 7-8k

Crossfire 8k , vfl1100.1 , B2 m1u , etc.

With the Brazilian 8k's like the hd8000 you are only seeing 5500 -5800 after rise daily even on caps , they won't survive wired lower than there lowest rated impedance, any good Korean 10k wired down will do a solid 7-8k
Crossfire 8k , vfl1100.1 , B2 m1u , etc.
True, but Korean amps wired at 1 ohm are no better. Koreans produce rated power or more when wired lower. Regardless of your choice, there is impedance rise. Also, the Brazilian 8k's are still cheaper than many Korean 6k's and are more efficient.

They aren't meant to be wired low. One isn't better than the other, they're just suited for different applications.

IMO any amp that big is a time bomb. Have you considered getting a pair of 3500's or 5K's and strapping? Pair of Soundqubed 3500's comes to mind, or be different and grab a pair of IA 40.1s. Or even 4 2K's if you want more power. The antiquated class D design they use in the Far East becomes less and less stable the larger they try to make them.

I've had good luck with Brazilian amps myself but I've heard horror stories, and I'm not sure how easy warranty/repair is state-side. Use your own discretion there.

True, but Korean amps wired at 1 ohm are no better. Koreans produce rated power or more when wired lower. Regardless of your choice, there is impedance rise. Also, the Brazilian 8k's are still cheaper than many Korean 6k's and are more efficient.
They aren't meant to be wired low. One isn't better than the other, they're just suited for different applications.
That is a very good point you could also do the Taramps 10.9k and see the power you are looking for after rise on 12v

but don't fool yourselves the Brazilian amps right now are nowhere near as durable as a lot of Chinese amplifers much less the higher end Korean boards yet, I think they are seeing the value in our use and are already designing and building amps to suit our needs like the highly anticipated HD 30 from taramps but i just think people need to be aware that an 8k is not going to do 8k unless wired below the recommended impedance and in turn running a very high risk of damage or failure

That is a very good point you could also do the Taramps 10.9k and see the power you are looking for after rise on 12v but don't fool yourselves the Brazilian amps right now are nowhere near as durable as a lot of Chinese amplifers much less the higher end Korean boards yet, I think they are seeing the value in our use and are already designing and building amps to suit our needs like the highly anticipated HD 30 from taramps but i just think people need to be aware that an 8k is not going to do 8k unless wired below the recommended impedance and in turn running a very high risk of damage or failure
Right, they are not stable below rated. They aren't bulletproof like Koreans. If ran at 1 ohm though, I feel like they are just as durable. Problems begin when they dip into low voltages too. The absolute lowest I dip with my electrical at idle is 12.9 though, so I haven't had any problems.

The components inside them are designed to run at a higher voltage for efficiency. When you wire lower than rated, there is more amperage and the components just aren't designed to see that kind of current. I agree that they won't do rated on a reactive 1 ohm load, but its hard to find an amp that does

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.