6000+ rms at .7

ATLHoe
10+ year member

atlanta
looking for 1 amp or 2 that can be strapped that can do at least 6k rms at .7ohm

ive seen 2 SS 3400.1s on caco and i know i can strap them through a maxxlink.. theyre around 630.

locally i can get a AA500.1 for $600 which may be the best overall deal seeing that at .5 they do close to 7k(opti 7k, same board)

lets see what you guys have before i make a local decision or not. dont wanna spend more than 700 used or i'll just but a opti 7k new..

btw the AA 500.1's are essentially new.. which makes me consider it even more

I wouldn't touch a taramp with a 10ft pole.LOL single power and ground inputs on a 8k amp. Scary.
Stetsom 7K runs single +12 and - terminal, these have proven themselves. My JBL/Crown a6000GTI also has only single power and ground terminal. Number of power and ground connections isn't terribly relevent when if you really care you can buy toolmaker inputs and throw as much wire as you like into an amp.

Now there may be other reasons to avoid Taramp, but I haven't seen much if anything about them, so I'm not going to touch that.

I personally wouldn't touch any of the 7K Korean amps since they're all pretty much time bombs IMO. Better to find a pair of 3500W amps or better yet, 4 2000W amps.... also I'd use almost anything else before I touched soundstream.

Where would you even buy a taramp anyways? I didn't see anything on their website.
ebay

---------- Post added at 08:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:02 PM ----------

Stetsom 7K runs single +12 and - terminal, these have proven themselves. My JBL/Crown a6000GTI also has only single power and ground terminal. Number of power and ground connections isn't terribly relevent when if you really care you can buy toolmaker inputs and throw as much wire as you like into an amp.
Now there may be other reasons to avoid Taramp, but I haven't seen much if anything about them, so I'm not going to touch that.

I personally wouldn't touch any of the 7K Korean amps since they're all pretty much time bombs IMO. Better to find a pair of 3500W amps or better yet, 4 2000W amps.... also I'd use almost anything else before I touched soundstream.
Agreed. I know they make rated power. But cheap is cheap for a reason.

Brazilian lulz.......korean time bombs? Facepalm //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.