6 - 6 1/8" Component set?

drzenitram
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Wichita
So I've got Q-logic kickpanels for my car and the max size is 6 1/8" for a driver, I'd like to put the largest driver possible in, right now I'm going to be running the Rainbow Dream line 5 1/8" components, however I want my next upgrade to be a larger speaker with higher quality(like the contour line, if they only made 6" speakers).

Are there any high quality($300 range) component sets that are 6"? Not 6.25, 6! or 6.125.

Thanks guys

So I've got Q-logic kickpanels for my car and the max size is 6 1/8" for a driver, I'd like to put the largest driver possible in, right now I'm going to be running the Rainbow Dream line 5 1/8" components, however I want my next upgrade to be a larger speaker with higher quality(like the contour line, if they only made 6" speakers).
Are there any high quality($300 range) component sets that are 6"? Not 6.25, 6! or 6.125.

Thanks guys
6.125 = 6 1/8

Yes, that's correct //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif 6 or 6.125. I can fit up to 6 1/8", but I'm glad we're both doing mathematics together and not criticising eachother. The six was exclaimed in the remark, paralelling the original subject which was negated, consider the 'or 6.125' a post-sentence addition.

Glad you're paying attention though //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

talk about an expensive mold ;-o

also, it's about 1cm from my clutch and becomes a pain when I go to shift and tap my brake. uckkk.

I'd love to, but I've got zero fiberglassing experience and I wouldn't know where to start. Is it expensive?
Materials will cost you ~$75. so yeah, not extremely cheap, but probably less than those Q-forms cost you.

i got my q-logic kicks out of curiousity, and forced them to fit in my truck. i mounted 6.5 components on them, i just used longer screws.

c083ee63.jpg

97d54758.jpg

87167498.jpg

a Q-logic should accept to 6.5 outer diameter. I had a set and it fit them in there. But finding a 6" woofer that is exactly 6" is very hard if impossible. You have to see what the outer diameter or the woofer is. I think you're stuck with a 5.25.

That looks good, so I suppose as long as the 6.5" speakers have a grille built in I should have no problem with it (sometimes I find my clutch foot rubbing against the grill on there now; wouldn't want to be kicking bare cone.)

I didn't know that normal drivers still had good sound inverted.
They don't.

What he meant from "rear mounted" was that instead of having the mounting ring of the speaker sitting on top of the baffle of the kickpanel, it's mounted from behind with the mounting ring of the speaker behind the baffle of the kickpanel. Not that he inverted the speakers.

What do you mean by 'surround' and 'panel'?
Surround of the speaker.

Panel = mounting panel on the kickpanel. Since he mounted the speakers from behind (not inverted, but mounted from behind rather than on-top-of), there is a chance that if misaligned in the opening the surround of the speaker could rub on the mounting baffle....causing problems.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.