6.5" separates - Most crankin', poundin' ones out there?

I am mostly satisfied that either the MB Q series, Boston Z6 or Boston Pro60 is the way to go for my needs. The next problem is that no local dealers sell these. Can anyone suggest a good online source that offers both good prices and good service?

Thanks

I am mostly satisfied that either the MB Q series, Boston Z6 or Boston Pro60 is the way to go for my needs. The next problem is that no local dealers sell these. Can anyone suggest a good online source that offers both good prices and good service?
Thanks
Well you have some choices for authorized online dealers.

Tweeter.com and Crutchfield.com sell Boston, but don't expect a price break. Cructch has the best service out there IMO. Not sure if you can get the Pros or the Z's there. You can at Tweeter, but I don't know if they will ship those items.

You also have SoundDomain.com and CarToys.com. CarToys sells JL Audio, Focal, and Eclipse and is authorized to ship I believe. SD has good prices, a good selection and a price match guarantee, and they carry MB Quart now that they were bougth out by Maxxsonics. CarToys will match a price by 105% as well.

Other comp sets to consider are OZ Audio Matrix Elite, Kicker SS, Seas Lotus Performance, and Alpine Type X.

231489.jpg

Profi Kick.
Are these the famous Rainbow speakers? Where do I buy a set?

I should add that I have a set of Alpine Type-X SPX-177A 6.5" and Adire Koda 6.5" that I can use but I am looking around to see if there are better options out there. If it isn't worth spending $500 over top of what I have then I'll save my money :p

I have the Pro 60s running acticve, with around 225w going to each mid and 75w to each tweet. My doors are also deadened fairly well. They are LOUD.

Just curious - why are you willing to spend $500, but not willing to get a sub? You will literally miss out on a big part of your music.

I have the Pro 60s running acticve, with around 225w going to each mid and 75w to each tweet. My doors are also deadened fairly well. They are LOUD.
Good to know. The Pro 60s look good and are quite a bit less than the Z6s. I wonder if they are better than the Alpine Type-X?

Just curious - why are you willing to spend $500, but not willing to get a sub? You will literally miss out on a big part of your music.
Great question //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif My car is a very focused performance car and I don't want to add any weight to it. I don't expect people to understand why I can't add 20lbs but this is how I am doing it. Sooooo, I need to get the best sound possible with just the front components and the stock rear fill.

I'd get the Pros over the Alpines, just based on you description of what you are looking for. Loud, clean and punchy, and as an added benefit they aren't very deep either, easier to squeeze in your doors. I wish more people had the Exile Xtecs, they seem to be in the same category as the Pros, but can be had cheaper.

My car is a very focused performance car and I don't want to add any weight to it. I don't expect people to understand why I can't add 20lbs but this is how I am doing it. Sooooo, I need to get the best sound possible with just the front components and the stock rear fill.
I can understand that. I've owned/built a few fast Mustangs, and can appreciate the quest for weight reduction if you are taking it to the track. What kind of car is it?

If you are serious about being lighter, then ditch the rear fill altogether. In fact, if it is so purpose-built for speed, who needs a radio at all? Or a rear seat? Or interior panels? Or factory sound deadening?

If it's not quite that extreme, you could always get a single 8" in a small box and bolt it directly over the rear axle (I'm assuming this is a RWD/front engine car).

Just a suggestion. But hey, if you can live without bass, more power to ya. I think you will like the Boston Pros.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

E368

10+ year member
E368
North
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from