Crystal SSCS6 16+ pics...56k...Who has 56k still anyways?

kicker06
10+ year member

Umm, I don't pay for food
Ok, got them for $145 shipped. Came in perfect condition. Going to run them with my Diamond Audio 400.4 (200+wrms a side) when it arrives next week. I will also be crossing them around 90hz. Also got my Knukonceptz 4 gauge wiring kit in. $44 really cheap. Also the reason I took SOO many pics is because I haven't seen any other pics of Crystals, So now everyone can see them, always. They seem really sturdy, cast iron frame... I'm guessing feels solid, good connections around, seems like a solid set of components. Now onto my GALLERY of pictures.

Also, I'm not sure how to take crossover covers off, so no pics of internals, until someone tells me how to :p

1ut2.jpg

2yr7.jpg

3ci1.jpg

4mq2.jpg

5kt2.jpg

6vh3.jpg

7yg6.jpg

8uh2.jpg

9xl8.jpg

10gw3.jpg

Hmmmm i have the exact pair sitting in my room waiting to be installed. Still got a lot of work to do before i install them, but they sure do look sexy sitting on my floor. The tweeters are pretty big on these suckas!

Uh, I could tell ya. But I would have to kill ya.

edit: wow, posted all at the same time...

They are massive, the midbass and tweeters that is. I love all the mounting options for the tweeters!

the crossover tops are held on by simple plastic clips on the sides. just squeeze the sides and they should pop off.

and a side note, you may really want to open them and check the lower Inductor coil because i have a set sitting here to be installed in my brother's truck and the lower inductor coil wasn't glued down well to the pcb. eventually the solder joints can break loose and you will loose either the mid or tweeter and that can cause damage to the speakers or amp. so definally try and check that out.

just glue them back down as long as the connectons are fine. i've had problems with CDT and JL crossovers doing the same thing. a little super glue FTW.

ROE.

I was just told, that I have voided ALL warrenty because I took the Crossover covers off. That is some BS. Looks like I'm on my own. Also, one of my push terminals is stuck, and I've been told I've also voided the warrenty by just trying to push it...which is some more total BS. Not going good.....this better make my ears bleed because they sound AMAZING, because I'm really pissed right now.

voided warantee for removing a cover and pushing a push terminal? who told you that? How are you supposed to mount the crossover and/or make adjustments without taking off the cover?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.