6.5" separates - Most crankin', poundin' ones out there?

I am about to do the Pro60s with the same amp, bridged to 300WX2... If ya got a couple of weeks I can report back. Word from everyone is though, including the Boston customer service, is to use their crossover (it's a fine crossover I am told) and bridge that amp to power up the Pro60s. It is said that they will enjoy the extra power much more than they will enjoy the active cross.

As far as the Z6s, they can be had online waaaay below the retail price. I likely woulda done that 'cept I am having the entire system installed and didn't wanna have it delivered without speaks and as it happened the installer is a Boston dealer. Plus I already blew my budget so I will have to save for a bit to get them, switch the Pro60s to the rear and put them in myself.

Point taken //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif Any Cliff notes for installing the mids in the kicks of a BMW 3 series?
Also, the real selling point of the Z6s is they claim to play down to 40Hz. Is this marketing hype or will these things really play that low? Most of the other 6.5s I am looking at only advertise a range down to 60Hz or so. Since these are the only speakers in my car play the low-range is very important to me.
There are many that play that or lower. Hell, the OZ play down to 32.

I could really care less if a speaker claims to play down to 40 or not. The install is going to determine that. Furthermore, the subs will be taking care of those frequencies.

I could really care less if a speaker claims to play down to 40 or not. The install is going to determine that. Furthermore, the subs will be taking care of those frequencies.

That is very true. I have mine crossed at 80hz.

Just pointing that the claim to fame was not that part. Many brands can play that low.

Towncar,
how do you like the comps you have? I am trying to find something not to pricey for a friend.
They are great. You will be shocked when you hear them for the price standpoint. This set will definately hold their own with other high end sets. I was originally going to go with something that the shop carries, but I wanted to be different, and im glad I was. Now i just need to get my new amps in:D

hey towncar, so i shouldn't get the gti comps? how do they compare to the hd62 tho?
They do decent for rap music, but the midrange is considerably lacking compared to some others. Its an ok set though. I Haven't heard the hd62's.

Most speaker will play that low unfiltered, the question is with how much distortion? Frequency response of a driver in not an indicator of what the drivers resonant frequency is- of which many drivers cannot even reproduce cleanly in a non optimal IB configuration.

People need to jump off the cloud that a 6" driver can reproduce subbass well. They are midbasses and require a highpass w/ appropriate slope or you will damage the driver over time.

Those speaks look nice, good luck with them.

I am about to do the Pro60s with the same amp, bridged to 300WX2... If ya got a couple of weeks I can report back. Word from everyone is though, including the Boston customer service, is to use their crossover (it's a fine crossover I am told) and bridge that amp to power up the Pro60s. It is said that they will enjoy the extra power much more than they will enjoy the active cross.

I wouldn't say that's the word from "everyone". I got the same answer from the guys at Boston, and I'm sure their crossovers are great. In fact, I am using them on my rear speakers because one of the crappy ones from JL took a dump. I just have the amps and processing to do it better actively up front, so I did.

I wouldn't say that's the word from "everyone". I got the same answer from the guys at Boston, and I'm sure their crossovers are great. In fact, I am using them on my rear speakers because one of the crappy ones from JL took a dump. I just have the amps and processing to do it better actively up front, so I did.
Of course, you are right and I am glad you called me on it.

What I should have said was "everyone I have asked". To state it the way I did was misleading as it intimates that no other differing opinions exist out there, a statement I am clearly not in a position to make.

As a matter of fact, with the system I am putting in, I am intentionally making it easily flexible with the stackable amps so that I can try such things in the future.

Seriously, thanks for pointing that out. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

E368

10+ year member
E368
North
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from