6.5" Comps suggestions

tooshort_128
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
I just purchased a new truck and am starting to plan my new system. I want some decent comps up front that have great SQ but also have good midbass. I'll be deadening my doors to maximize the sound from whatever I get and they will be getting 100rms a side. I'm currently looking at the Image Dynamics ID65cs's, as they've gotten good reviews. Budget is around $150. Any better bang for the buck out there?

what deck are you using? i ask because going with the active crossover inside the deck before amplification is the real way to go nowadays, which would preclude a component set for best sound. Instead youd get some raw drivers and a good 4 channel amp

I'm keeping the factory Ford Sync 3 head unit, as it controls pretty much everything. I'll be using a DSP but still wanting to stay with passive crossovers.

I'm keeping the factory Ford Sync 3 head unit, as it controls pretty much everything. I'll be using a DSP but still wanting to stay with passive crossovers.
The IDs are fine. What you want is more install then equipment. For $150 you get what you get.You could do better if you go active raw drivers. With a DSP you should.
losisatool did pretty much what youre trying to do and can be invaluable for a resource for you. Go active via your DSP, get a 4 channel for your tweets and mids, set the dsp up along with gains etc etc

It's worth a thought. I'm trying to keep things as simple as possible. I'll probably be using an AudioControl DM-608 and a 5 channel amp to conserve space.

Look into "Match" Dsp amps. They are in the same category as Audison and Mosconi (True audiophile quality) The EISA gave them an award this past year for best dsp integrated amp. Can't remember the actual title. Usually an award Audison or Mosconi wins. There is no reason to stay passive in 2017 and with a DSP. Something like going from 3500-3000 crossover can make a night and day difference. DSP may look confusing or intimidating but it's about as easy as learning a new phone. Software is intuitive and setup for amatuers and pros to understand it easy.

Look into "Match" Dsp amps. They are in the same category as Audison and Mosconi (True audiophile quality) The EISA gave them an award this past year for best dsp integrated amp. Can't remember the actual title. Usually an award Audison or Mosconi wins. There is no reason to stay passive in 2017 and with a DSP. Something like going from 3500-3000 crossover can make a night and day difference. DSP may look confusing or intimidating but it's about as easy as learning a new phone. Software is intuitive and setup for amatuers and pros to understand it easy.
Never heard of that but will definitely look into it.

does it have an idatalink maestro connection?
Not sure it does. Why do you ask? What can I do with the factory unit?

are there any DSPs you can control with a smartphone or tablet as of now?
Pheonix gold bringing one out. Others have app control but they are not full DSPs.

DO NOT get the Audiocontrol. It doesn't have independent EQ. That's a very important part to have.

Pheonix gold bringing one out. Others have app control but they are not full DSPs. DO NOT get the Audiocontrol. It doesn't have independent EQ. That's a very important part to have.
Thatll be cool once its out, be very nice to be able to make adjustments outside of the little controllers or laptop

dinosaurs_picture135481688550c0dd75bbf4a.jpg

Average audiocontrol users.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.