6.5 component recommendation (bi amp?)

Richg

Hello, I'm gonna upgrade my factory stereo front stage but keeping the hu. I'm thinking of getting the kenwood eXcelon XR-4S amplifier which has decent power and bi amp capability. My budget for 61/2" 2 way component system is $350-$450 but in my search I see that not all of them have a crossover which can be bi amped. Is it worth it to bi amp a passive crossover? If so, can you recommend good speakers that have this capability?

thanks

you do know that when i says bi amp capability it means that the xover in it is adjustable so that 2 channels can go to tweets and two channels can go to the mids part of a component set rgiht? at least i think that's what it means when i read it.

"Bi-Amp Connection

Complete 2-way Multi connection is possible. This helps to realize perfect sound tuning that can not be achieve using a passive network. "

yeah it just means the amp can do high pass range on its crossover and is muti channel so yeah you cna run one amp for 2 channels tweeter and mid so no passive crossovers needed //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

as for mids focal and jl audio in that price range sound good just dont use the passive crossover networks that come with whaever mids and tweeters oyu buy and use te amps crossover

yeah it just means the amp can do high pass range on its crossover and is muti channel so yeah you cna run one amp for 2 channels tweeter and mid so no passive crossovers needed //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
as for mids focal and jl audio in that price range sound good just dont use the passive crossover networks that come with whaever mids and tweeters oyu buy and use te amps crossover
Oh, ok, thanks. So would it make any difference if I could bypass the crossover that comes with the speaker system? Is there any benefit to doing so except saving space? I guess what i'm asking is, would doing it one way or the other sound better?

No matter how hard i try I can't wrap my head around this electronic stuff. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif

I would like to know the benfits also.

My rainbow crossovers are bi-amp capable. based on the readings here, tweeters dont need much power anyway.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.