5kw - 6kw daily driver?

A buddy of mine runs a Stetsom 7kw on a pair of MT12s daily. I don't know of anything in production that can take 7k daily...Cactus maybe but I don't think they'd be very musical.....Audiopulse are musical but wont take 7k...both companies accept testicles for payment

I have 6kw of amps on my "monster" 15 prototype... and I can't listen to it for very long at all anywhere near that level.
I put in ear plugs for 30-second runs @ full tilt, and even for much demoing anywhere near that.
Is that the prototype you had at Roseboro on Sept. 20th? I never got a chance to look at it, but if that's it, it put up some impressive numbers.

A buddy of mine runs a Stetsom 7kw on a pair of MT12s daily. I don't know of anything in production that can take 7k daily...Cactus maybe but I don't think they'd be very musical.....Audiopulse are musical but wont take 7k...both companies accept testicles for payment
//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

Isn't any sub going to hit big time power compression well before the 6kw mark? Why not just do two subs with that power that you can bang on constantly and not have any worries?

Is that the prototype you had at Roseboro on Sept. 20th? I never got a chance to look at it, but if that's it, it put up some impressive numbers.
Thats the one - it did 151.9 last weekend (I had an amp that kept going into protect in Roseboro but I fixed it for the show last weekend).

Thats the one - it did 151.9 last weekend (I had an amp that kept going into protect in Roseboro but I fixed it for the show last weekend).
That's even more impressive.

I wish I would have made it out, but time and money didn't allow it.

what kind of numbers are you expecting out of this set up? A true 150+ on music isn't something you can drive around with it cranked up for hours at a time...

Go with 2 subs as others have mentioned.

what kind of numbers are you expecting out of this set up? A true 150+ on music isn't something you can drive around with it cranked up for hours at a time...
Go with 2 subs as others have mentioned.
x2

I was doing a 147.5-148 legal driving around daily, not just burping. But 6kw is too much for a daily IMHO, i like my 4kw daily, I'd say 5kw MAX with multiple subs, no way with just one.

I no way was i listening to 148db for more than a couple minutes, its just not practical unless you really want to have a migraines the rest of your life.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.