5 speakers, 2 amps wiring question

Participant count
  • Participant list

UserX

I have a pioneer deh 6400bt head unit with 2 preouts (front and rear/sw). I have 4 speakers and a single subwoofer. I want to use the head unit to power my front speakers. I want to use the rear/sw preout for my sub woofer. I want to use the other front preout for my rear speakers.

My concern is how to hook up my front and rear speakers. If I use the front preout for my rear speakers do I have to then use the rear speaker wires( green and violet) from the head unit (so I can utilize the fader). Will that fade the sub woofer as well?

I guess my question is how best to hookup 2 front speaker, 2 rear speakers, and a sub woofer with 2 preouts, 2 amps. The front speakers are the weakest link and why I was going to use the head unit to power them.

One amp is 2 channel bridged to run my 8'' bazooka tube. The other 2 channel amp will run my 'rear' 6.5 Polk audios on the roll bar (jeep wrangler). The head unit will run my 5.25 polk audios in my dash.

with the way your describing hooking it up your fade control will work but backwards, but when the HU is switched to sub out I don't think it's controlled by the fade anymore.

I'm fine with the fade being backwards and I hope you are right about the sub setting. There is nothing in the manual and finding very specific info on that HU has proven difficult. I plan on trying a loose hookup of everything this weekend. Wish me luck. Thanks.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.