5 re8's quiet!

ifly
10+ year member

MI
My truck doesn't have the hard punching bass im looking for...

my current setup:

5 re 8's in about .6 cu ft each with a 2inch port for each tuned to 32 hz

they are all in the same box but sealed from each other with the ports firing toward the ceiling and the subs firing right into the seat

the amp is a bx1000d running at 1.6 ohms

i was thinking about adding my other sub and making the box a ABC style box with a total of 6 re 8's

with the 6th sub, the ohms would be 1.3 and the amp should be making like around 900 watts, which is a little under what the rms rating for all of them (150 watts per sub)

any other tips on making this a bit more "excesive"?

they dont need more airspace, .5 cubes ported each is plenty so .6 should be fine.

check that they are in phase like aneon said... that would cause a TON of cancellation.

they are all in phase.. i checked with a battery when i was seting it up

as far as airspace...3.5 is about the max i can go without completely giving up leg room(cramped as it is since im like 6' 3)

i guess its not bad, i really dont have anything to compair it to besides the mirrors becoming useless on some songs....

i just want more punch on songs like cowboy from kid rock and others that hit really hard on one note, i like those type of songs better then the constant vibe songs like late nite tip

will a different box design make a difference (ported to abc)

abc is junk...
ABC is junk???

Why do you think that? have you ever built one or heard one that was made the correct way? i have had great luck with mine and i love it! it doesnt hit as hard as my old setup ( 7 cf tuned to 35), but it really does sound great in all kinds of music.

Of course there are some draw backs but why dont you like them? just curious

so what are some draw backs to abc boxes? are they queiter then a ported box with the same internal dimentions?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.