.5 OHM showdown ----> MB Quart DSC 1500.1 or Audiopipe 15001D

Well its either 2 of these @ .5 each (probly AP at this point)

OR

I pick up one of the new crecendo 3kw amps and run it @ .25.....

people keep chiming in that i bet have never heard ap for themselves or heard somebody running them for themselves. I dont know if the ap can run at .5 on the daily but then again i dont know if the dsc can either. I say go for the one with the best warranty either way i dont think they will survive for that long on .5 daily without great electrical and multiple runs of wire for the long run.

People keep chiming in about running these amps at .5 ohm daily when i doubt they will see anything lower than 1.5 when actually wired up. If your electrical is decent then you shouldnt have a problem. Make sure its good and then you should be good.

OP is the scammer WOT ITT
I was wondering the same thing...hahaha

mb quart will be the better amp over the ap...also the dsc 2000 was benched at 1700watts @2ohms....so nicely overrated but i dont see you having the electrical to back .5 up daily....but if you do then id do the mb quart hands down
and i'm surprised that you out of all people are giving him advice...lulz

Both will run at 1/2 ohm... but for daily, I'd choose a more stable option.

I just smoked my AP15001D this weekend, and it's in for warranty. It wired to 1 ohm, with 2 batteries, and gains set to 1500w RMS.

It's a great amp, and you can't beat the value... but don't think that it's unbreakable. You'll need atleast 1 g31 in the back (I'd recommend 2), rubber bushings (to prevent vibration-based failure), a bigger external fuse (150-200 amp), and you'll want to be very careful with your gains.

For a daily setup, expect the worst, and assume no box rise. On music that is far away from the box tuning, the rise can be quite low... so the amp will may see 1/2 at times.

Don't misread, it's not a bad idea, if you set everything up right. Good luck with the system!

I just smoked my AP15001D this weekend, and it's in for warranty. It wired to 1 ohm, with 2 batteries, and gains set to 1500w RMS.
The thing is, I don't think they can do 1500RMS, so when you're setting for that kind of power, it's probably clipping already and straining the amp...just my opinion. I've seen and heard too many bad things about the AP's being used at normal ohm loads and them blowing, especially considering that there aren't a ton of them out there.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.