5 channel amp of 1 set of rcas

inferno1985
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
5 channel amp

The head unit has one preout.

To hook this amp up do I need to get a splitter of some kind to supply 2 more rcas?

There is a switchable 5 4 2 on the amp itself that someone said to run it at 2 and it will be full range and I'll have to adjust the x overs for the front rear and sub . Is that right?

Powerbass asa1100.5 I believe. Can he get a conversation that will supply rcas or will he need a better Hu equipped with front rear and sub pteouts.

i would read the manual for that amp first... it will tell you how to set up the RCAs. Some amps require different set ups, so you need to see what they designed it for. if there's a switch allowing you to use one set of RCAs instead of 3 then it will also mention that in the manual.

i would read the manual for that amp first... it will tell you how to set up the RCAs. Some amps require different set ups, so you need to see what they designed it for. if there's a switch allowing you to use one set of RCAs instead of 3 then it will also mention that in the manual.
I'll ask him of he got the manual.

All his wires are years old and ugly looking. They are a rats nest under his carpet from the guy that previously owned his truck I'm also trying to get him to read wire everything because he is getting whines through the speakers as well.

nvm thats the wrong manual.. i cant find it online for some reason

he definitely needs to just pull that all out and rewire it. you're just chasing gremlins at this point

Yea j believe that's it. Yea his wires are a mess who ever ran them before he did Def just yhrew it all in there. I Mean There Is Like A Extra 10 Foot Of Power RCA And Remote Wire All Bunched Up In A Nest Under His carpet. Plus his ground is really ugly rusted as hell. He keeps getting conflicting info from other people telling him his wires are fine etc. But j know they are trash so I'm gunna try and get him to buy a new wire kit. And I was just going to run everything brand new and install it correctly.

But I'll get back and see if that is the amp he has. And I'll look at the manual. I've Never Ran A 5 Channel AMO Before So It's New To me

Your hu will need 3 pairs of RCA's to utilize that amp.
Powerbass amp 5 channel I think it's 1100 watts.
It's a buddy I'm helping. He needs 3 rcas then ?
NEED? No.

The amp can be set to 2 ch input.

It will pass the 2 ch input to ch's 3/4/5.

It will work fine that way, but if your head unit has front/rear and sub out it would definitely be preferred to use all 3 inputs so that you have as much control as possible from the HU.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.