5.25" component set recommendations?

Participant count
  • Participant list

nfl2009
10+ year member

calgary
currently running a pair if Infiniti Kappa coaxials, I need the type of upgrade that is gonna make me say wow and drop my jaw,

looking at Hybrid Audio Clarus or something in that price range

local dealers carries Focal and Morel also

can I get what I want in that price range or do I need to look higher up the food chain? $400-500 is my budget, I'd rather save up for something better down the road if I have to, I don't want a small incremental upgrade

I've been advised to go with the JBL 560GTi but I can't afford those right now

thanks

currently running a pair if Infiniti Kappa coaxials, I need the type of upgrade that is gonna make me say wow and drop my jaw,
looking at Hybrid Audio Clarus or something in that price range

local dealers carries Focal and Morel also

can I get what I want in that price range or do I need to look higher up the food chain? $400-500 is my budget, I'd rather save up for something better down the road if I have to, I don't want a small incremental upgrade

I've been advised to go with the JBL 560GTi but I can't afford those right now

thanks
The JBL 560GTi's are SWEET. The Focals are nice, but both of them are pretty much out of your price range. I'm not sure of the price on the Morels, though. You might want to check into the Boston Pro 50's, or 60's. Their price is around $300, new, through an Ebay retailer. I would put them in the same league with the speakers you were looking at. Of course, many might argue which is better. They will handle 300 W/ea, while the stated factory watt rating is 125 W/ea. They have three different tweeter mounting options, too.

Might be something to look into.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.