4Volt to 8Volt Pre-Outs Question!

The Eclipse is a superior unit (established) to the Alpine.

The question now posed is: Can you afford the Alpine?

If you're a perfectionist then do your research. Don't limit searches to Eclipse and Alpine; although both are excellent HU's with good reputations. Become informed and make an educated choice while existing within your means.

That's all it boils down to.

welll to end this, why not just get and 3 way active crossover or an EQ. I will up his preamps and he have more total control over his system.

welll to end this, why not just get and 3 way active crossover or an EQ. I will up his preamps and he have more total control over his system.
'fine tuning' is not the difference between these decks- more like the hard drive

Eq is something thats works very well on my deck, but I dont recall the last time I used it- I dont need it, just sometimes on poorly recorded material (CDR's)

Also although I agree external EQ's are most effective in sound tailoring and the preamps help boost voltage issues- you are still adding ANOTHER link to the signal chain that can not only possibly bring in noise via connections but cause serious clipping as well if not used properly

i agree but it does sovle his problem quite well. I mean if it is installed correctly then it would give him what he wants. I mean this can turn into that thread they had on here about a year or 2 ago. About what is the most impartant part of an system. SSSSSsoooooooooo lets not do that. But u have to admit that EQ's or; and a crossover will do the trick.

i agree but it does sovle his problem quite well. I mean if it is installed correctly then it would give him what he wants. I mean this can turn into that thread they had on here about a year or 2 ago. About what is the most impartant part of an system. SSSSSsoooooooooo lets not do that. But u have to admit that EQ's or; and a crossover will do the trick.
There currently are no problem (that he has mentioned). He was just asking if the higher preout voltage was worth it. If you currently have no noise issues in the system, then a higher preout voltage isn't going to change anything (assuming all gains were properly adjusted after the switch). So adding another component to the system has a high possibility of causing more problems then anything (as 3.5Max mentioned; another component in the system increases the chances for induced noise, deteriorated signal, etc etc).

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.