Considering this list of HU's, need suggestions

Participant count
  • Participant list

Belbo111

I have a jeep wrangler in which I installed an Alpine 9830. It works well with my JL 300/4, JL 500/1, alpine subs, infinity front and polk rear speakers. But now I am going to put something in my 91 Honda CRX.

I am only going to drive one at a time and wish I could buy just teh body to the radio and switch faceplates for whatever I am driving at the time but I am assuming that is cost prohibitive.

If I have to buy a whole new HU, it would be very boring to get the exact same thing, so here are a few I have considered.

Alpine 9827. Found new for $200. I do not liek teh fact it lacks the 9830 and above EQ flexibility. Will I be able to tell the difference?

Clarion DRZ 845MC. found new for $250 from Crutchfield. It's plus for me is it's different from teh alpines but again lacks the 4 EQ of 9830 and it's pre-amps are only 1.8 v complered to 4 for alpines. Will I be able to tell a difference in teh volt ratnpgs?

Eclipse 8053 or 5444. I'v been told I can get a good price on the 8053 but I can;t find one. These are very sexy but at a price. Anyone know of one for a good price.

Those are the main ones I have considered but open to suggestions. I'd like the eclipse but refuse to pay MSRP. I will eventually add 2 subs and 2 amps along with components but want the HU choce cleared up.

Any suggestions will be appreciated and let me know if you see any good used deals out there.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.