4th order??

i love 4th orders on low power systrems, but with yours a regular ported box tuned low would be smaller and give same output. to me 4th order advantages are on low power systems, so ifyou got 500 rms or less and the room, do the bandpass. good luck

I've had dozens of ported setups and looking to do something different. I tried 35hz tuning in winisd and it looks like it looses way too much in the high end. Now I'm thinking 8 ported @ 43hz and 4 sealed. Ported with (4) 6" aeroports which could be left full length... is this going to be loud/low and not too much airspace for the woofers?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Similar threads

you may like them facing forward rather than Rear faced. Its all about how you like and enjoy by your ear/listening not others. try Both...
is this a ported enclosure or a 4th order? If 4th and tuned to 33hz, unless specifically designed to do that, it wont have any bandwidth. It might...
I’m going to stick with the 4th order bandpass for now and see if it can improve it. The bandpass actually plays 100 rebased songs good.
I'd try rear facing. Have you tried opening the trunk to see if that restores your bass?
Any direction you orient a sub can affect it's output, this true even more so in a car. Nevertheless it doesn't add an order and generally...

About this thread

jake760

10+ year member
CarAudio.com Elite
jake760
OR
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date