4th order with 2515s

Participant count
  • Participant list

slvrado28z
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
midland, tx
I have 4 dd 2515s in a 4th order but its not hitting the lows like it should. I bought the box used with subs already in there. I think the box is a lil small with 1:1 ratio.. is there a way I can redo the port to make it hit the lows or do I need a new box? It hits 38-45 loud but lower than that not so loud.

redoing the port really wont help you. Adjustment to the port, usually going larger will make it louder but you would still have the same issue of not being able to produce low notes. Your sealed side is really what gives you the ability to hit low notes. I would redo the box and increase your sealed side.

The thing with 4th order is trial and error. I would have it modeled and they start playing with it. You gain low end on a 4th by the sealed side. you said the orginial box was a 1:1 ratio which I have seen. I think I even have a design I got years ago that was very close to 1:1. Most of the designs I see like that are usually for someone trying to achieve a flat response, more SQ. The design I had by memory was something like 3 to 5 db louder than the same woofer in a sealed box. Its also been years but I thought the 2500 series was the DD subs that liked 4th so you should be ok there. I know other DD models were not 4th order friendly but other may chime in if I am incorrect.

The thing with 4th order is trial and error. I would have it modeled and they start playing with it. You gain low end on a 4th by the sealed side. you said the orginial box was a 1:1 ratio which I have seen. I think I even have a design I got years ago that was very close to 1:1. Most of the designs I see like that are usually for someone trying to achieve a flat response, more SQ. The design I had by memory was something like 3 to 5 db louder than the same woofer in a sealed box. Its also been years but I thought the 2500 series was the DD subs that liked 4th so you should be ok there. I know other DD models were not 4th order friendly but other may chime in if I am incorrect.
It has a flat response I just know these subs could get louder you know any builders that's could design me a new box

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.