4th order in a hatch?

Lol sure thing. So your low end is suffering?

EDIT: Just threw your box specs into winisd. It definitely looks like a loud setup but you get heavy rolloff from around 40hz down. If you drop your tuning down to 38-40 that will make a decent difference, but unfortunately you'll also be sacrificing some output. Honestly your box is gonna be pretty **** peaky unless you drop that ported section down to around 5-6 cubes

EDIT #2 : White is your current response, teal is the response if you just drop your tuning down to 40hz, and yellow is if you drop it down to 40 and lower your ported volume down to 5 cubes. If you don't mind it being too peaky you may just want to lower your tuning and see how that sounds. How much port area are you using right now?

8dFX9.png
roux,

The loading wall has a 16.5tall x 8.5 wide hole in the center. Plan was to have a slide in port. So basically right now there is just a hole. No port walla, just a hole.

that *****, i guess i forgot how little that car is. with my back seats gone i have about 14 cubes to work with, depending the height and how im trying to make it load...
Its the height that kill me. Width isnt to great with the rear shocks sticking out into the hatch

yea, i can only go 36 wide with all the panels in, i need to pull them all and remeasure though, i can do 13.5 tall if im going all the way back, or 16 tall if im stopping at the bottom of the glass.

a walled tc would be nasty...

yea, i can only go 36 wide with all the panels in, i need to pull them all and remeasure though, i can do 13.5 tall if im going all the way back, or 16 tall if im stopping at the bottom of the glass.
a walled tc would be nasty...
I figured haveing it walled by one of the best and reconing the XLs to 18s would end up being the cheapest route

roux,

The loading wall has a 16.5tall x 8.5 wide hole in the center. Plan was to have a slide in port. So basically right now there is just a hole. No port walla, just a hole.
Alright, that would work well for like an SPL setup, though I would try going down to around 100 in^2 and see how that sounds for a lower tuned daily. Have a slide in for your 48hz and then one for the 40hz

Alright, that would work well for like an SPL setup, though I would try going down to around 100 in^2 and see how that sounds for a lower tuned daily. Have a slide in for your 48hz and then one for the 40hz
SOunds good. I will build something tuned to 40 and shrink port area some. Lets see where that takes us;)thanks man

It was just wishfully thinking. I cant fit anywhere near that size. i hate this ******* car
i dont think its the car bro. You just dont realize what potential it has because you cant do sh1t til its payed off. If i were you id look into some DD 35 10s and do 4 of those. DD is much more efficient than Dc when it comes down to it.

if you got win isd try looking at all the boxes you are able to find for that sub like ported versus sealed verus bandpass and t-lines etc.... reson is some subs do not preform well in let say a sealed box. ware a ported is better on them. if it preform's well in a sealed i would shoot for a band pass if port preformed well i would go bass horn ot t-line to get more spl out of the sub. if that's is what your shooting for "spl". but still got to use your "ts" specs to help nail it down if this is the best box for it. cause like t-lline there best with a qts of low .2's to high .6's some sub's it helps to model them like the one you have in win isd. some times big ported boxes have better sq then that of a t line.

I figured haveing it walled by one of the best and reconing the XLs to 18s would end up being the cheapest route
shoot me a pm with dimensions buddy of mine is really good with 4th orders and you dont need 3:1 do 2:1 U have the room just have to figure out how.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.