4th order help...

Participant count
  • Participant list

k_schutte
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Veteran
my first attempt at a 4th order. Running a pair of Re Audio S-E-X 10"s, on about 800watts each. Car is a 2003 Cadillac CTS.

Anyways... I need port help because my cumputer is down right now and I do not have access to my programs. The box will end up being 1.25ft^3 sealed and 2.58ft^3 ported. I want it tuned in the 45hz range, external port. Basically need to know what my aero port needs to be.

8" aero or 10" aero, whichever would be better.

I was thinking 8" myself but without the info on my computer, i wasnt sure...

8" would be good too because I am porting through the factory 10" sub hole in the rear deck. Flare will probably ennd up being about 10" when all is said and done.

So, lets go 8" aero, i need to know the length for a 45hz-50hz tune. No need to worry about port displacement or anything cuz it'll be external port. Thanks in advance guys!!

8" would be like 50"^2 port for 2.5 cubes... Seems pretty high, doesnt it?

6" aero would make it like 11.3" per cube instead of 19.3 like the 8". Not sure if it is different with a 4th order or what but.... I assume you want a good sized port as that is where the sound comes out, LOL...

talking to some local gurus, they all think I would be louder just going with a standard aero ported box. Then removing the factory sub from the rear deck so I have a 10" vent into the cabin...

Any input?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.