4th order friendly 10" sub

Jroo
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Looking to do a 4th order porting through the ski hole in my Volvo S80. Had good results back in the day with a similar set up using old round Kicker solobaric. Again, will certainly go the 4th order route with some of the port externally into the back seat/ski hole.

Need a single 10 inch that can present a 4 ohm mono load to amp (Older Rockford 800a2)

Works well in 4th order

Decent sound, not looking to be the loudest or meter or anything like that.

Can go to $300 but would like to stay around $250 if possible.

I have been told the DD 2500 series, but they are a bit more than I want to pay. Another person mentioned Sundown E series have been used 4th order. What sub would you recommend.

He seemed strongly against ported. Emphases sealed only a few times
It heavily favors the lows and has a faster roll off than other subs in the same enclosure but that's it. Tune it to below 30 and you have a monster.

As I look, what specs should I be looking at that indicate that it may work in 4th order. Ive heard a coupld of times, if the sub works sealed it works in 4th order? Another forum said low Fs and high QTs?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.