What's a Good port dimension

Participant count
  • Participant list

Jglaser

So I'm taking my sealed sub box and turning it ported for my 2 12" alpine type r's both having 1.53 cubic feet already put a 2" port in tuned to 38 hrtz but I'm getting this weird flapping sound from them it's not the subs so I suspect it's the ports would it benefit me and will it maybe fix the flapping sound if I bump the diameter to 3" and tune it to 32 hertz the sound is like there paper in front of the port but there isn't it is rather bothering me

Scrap that sealed box. You dont have close to enough space to do ported after displacements. For two 12s you need at least at 6 inch aero port, not a round port, AERO port. If you want to use just normal round ports, you need an even bigger diameter.

free box plans

*OFFICIAL* Free Ported Box Plans (56k NO!!) - Dodge SRT Forum[/u][/b]

Use this program to design a box based on the space you have. Tutorials on using the caculator on the page along with download link.

Torres' Box Tuning Calculator - Updated 8/18 - Subwoofers / Enclosures - SMD Forum

Then plug the sub's parameters in this software and then plug the box specs in and see what kind of sound you will get, spl possibilities, port noise/rear air velocity you biggest problemetc...

LinearTeam

tutorial for WINISD

Use this program to design a box based on the space you have. Tutorials on using the caculator on the page along with download link.

Torres' Box Tuning Calculator - Updated 8/18 - Subwoofers / Enclosures - SMD Forum

What size diameter I have a very limited space I have 51" length but only 10 inches depth has to fit under my back seat of I were to keep my current box what size diameter port do I need

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.