4ohm vs' 8ohm SVC 12

So what would be the advantage to running at 8 ohms..?? i just saw a diagram on it and ive never seen antyhing wired that way.. i'm running now 2 12 4ohm subs with a 4ohm load at the amp.....
Theres more resistance, and unless you are running those subs in stereo, you can't have the amp see a 4 ohm load, it would be two or eight. You would lose tons of power if you ran them at 8, but if your amp was capable, you would gain a ton running it at 2 ohms mono, but its doubtful that yours is.

its doubtful that mine is 2 ohm mono stable??? Im sure the engineers at Orion would like to talk to you seeing as how you know so much about thier 2100HCCA....

its doubtful that mine is 2 ohm mono stable??? Im sure the engineers at Orion would like to talk to you seeing as how you know so much about thier 2100HCCA....
Bite me, how am I supposed to know you have a nice amp when you don't know **** about anything. Ok so it is 2 ohm stable, you're still an idiot for not being able to use it to its potential, wire it in parallel to two ohms, and being an ass will probably make people really want to help you out.

Ho there buddy..... You sound real intelligent talking like that... first off, you didnt even associate anything with the question i asked, you just shoved your head into this and spouted off what you do know, ok cool, so you know how to achieve high power output from an amp, who on this board doesnt?? my question AGAIN for you, is what is the ADVANTAGE to running 8ohm over 4ohm on SVC, other then the obvious.... TIA.....

further more, i bet you'r an under 20 yrs punk kid driving honda civic with cleared out lenses and a fat wing huh?? Is it Yellow?? i bet it is....

I thought i told you in the first post, but just to clarify, there will be more resistance, slightly higher signal to noise ratio, as far as subs go it has really no effect whatsoever. Lots of HT speakers are 8ohm just because of the s/n ratio. Now to address your comments, I am 19, I do drive a civic, and heres a picutre of it you piece of ****. You are real mature being 25 and all.

Blahblah blah blah blah.. shut up kid.....

Mods can lock this thread now, question has been answered....

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.