4ch amp suggestions??? Budget friendly

Participant count
  • Participant list

Battleaxwarior
10+ year member

As the title says, have a few in mind such as the RF P400X4 or the NVX JAD800.4 bc they are both around 200$ new. Looking for at least 75x4@4ohm. Suggestions appreciated. I heard the nvx is the same as the ppi p900.4 and i had the ppi and didnt care for it really...but the nvx components look different?

Prolly will go with something more reliable, my buddy bought one....and it showed up with parts bouncing around inside the case. Thank you tho
Hmmm. I haven't had any issues. I don't think they can be beat for budget amps as of now. The only other good budget amp I can think of is the PPI 900.4. Yes the NVX is the same amp. Why did you not like the PPI?

I felt like the ppi was lacking in sound....quality. i know others will disagree but i had it running active in my CDT 3 way comp set and it was very hollow sounding. So i threw in my old ARC 4050cxl 4ch and it blew it away in sq. But thats class d and the arc was ab. AB amps in my trials have seemed to have a much warmer/fuller sound.

Hmmm. I haven't had any issues. I don't think they can be beat for budget amps as of now. The only other good budget amp I can think of is the PPI 900.4. Yes the NVX is the same amp. Why did you not like the PPI?

It looks like ur running pro audio gear right? Only asking bc im sure those rockville amps will throw out power....i am just looking for something that will sound decent/good while doing it. Not really looking for just power and loud....i want a happy medium of sq.

It looks like ur running pro audio gear right? Only asking bc im sure those rockville amps will throw out power....i am just looking for something that will sound decent/good while doing it. Not really looking for just power and loud....i want a happy medium of sq.
Gotcha. Just saw budget. Didn't know you wanted SQ.

Yes I run pro audio so SQ isn't my main concern. Lol

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.