• Thread starter Unregistered
  • Start date
  • Replies 2
  • Views 409
    Participant count
  • Participant list
U

Unregistered

I read in a magazine soonish (don't know how soon) car batteries are going to change to 42 V to reduce emmisons somehow and produce more power.

Has anyone heard anything, are amplifier gunna porduce shitloads of power?

Just wondering if anyone knows anything

That rumor has been around for 20 years. The advantage of higher voltage is you need less current for the same power. Less current means smaller wire size = less weight and cheaper. I doubt it will happen except maybe for electric vehicles or hybrids.

This is not just a rumor. I have a friend that is in the car deisgn industry. They are planning on this in the future. He says it will be 6-8 years in the future. But all automobiles will not change at the same time. And they will not be completly 42v right off the bat. They are planning hybrid versions of the 42v system to start off with. Then later on down the road go completly 42v. Think of the possiblities for car audio //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif Smaller higher output amps.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.