4 mono 4ohm amps wiring options to 1 dual 2ohm sub?

Cheapobasshead

Maui, HI
Hello, im new here and was wondering if you guys could help. I have a 2005 mustang with the shaker 1000 stereo. From what Ive looked up, the rear 2 10" subs are dual 4ohm running 4 4ohm mono amps, 1 amp per coil. Could the amps be ran in series or in parallel? And if so, what ohms would that be? I have a 15" dual 2ohm sub im trying to hook up. My guess is to wire the dual 2ohm sub, so its 1ohm. Then wire all 4 positives on the amps to that + on the sub, and all 4- on the amps to the - on the sub. Please correct me if im wrong. Thanks

each amp would see a 4ohm load if ran in parallel or in series. just as if you run a sub thats dual 2ohm and wire it to a 1ohm load it would still be 2ohm at each coil. what im seeing if you guys know is what ohm output four 4ohm amps wired in parallel or series would be? thanks

ya you can its called strapping or strapped amps i looked it up before starting the thread. usualy done with two amps ive just got no luck finding anyone whos strapped four amps

It's called strapping. The amps are not in series/parallel. You can only wire you subs in series/parallel. If you want some assistance, I would suggest you listen to these guys.

Don't bother with the stock amps. Bypass them or remove them and get a better amp. The system does 500 watts at best. I have an 07 with the shaker system

ok thanks for the replys ive done more research 4 4ohm amps corectly bridged will see a 4ohm load per amp off a dual 2ohm bridged sub if wiried correctly. if any of you want to bridge maltible amps search, google bridge parallel amps and click the wiki.com one it explains it well.

i have a ma audio 4400w rms amp but i was trying to make it simple and that big *** amp is way overkill for this aplication. i use to run four mofo 15"s off it 2 alts 5 batteres 2 150A fuses and id pop the fuses once a week. i think that amp pulls more then 300A i dont want to hert my stock mustang.

The problem I see for you is that you wire your sub to a 4 ohm load.... You have no control over gain matching the amps. Ideally each amplifier will be exactly in phase and exactly outputing the same current. I would definitely check the output of each individual amplifier. I wish you the best of luck but I don't see this working out well.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.