4 inch speakers in my mr2..

m3rK201
10+ year member

The Block General
Hello fellas haven't been on for long time. Glad i remembered my password. well mayb you can help. i just picked up an mr2 and the clarion speakers are terrible. sadly the car only has 2 speakers (on the dash) and they so happen to be 4 inches (yay..). so ive been lookin all over for reviews and opinions.. Im running a Kenwood excelon Kdc-x493 deck and will run the speakers on it, unless i use my 4 chan alpine amp if think they need more juice.. I have 100 dollar limit.. so far i chose these.. what do u think ? Lookin best bang for buck on my lil lil audio install..

Focal 100 CA1 (100ca1) 4" Speakers Car Speakers Car Audio Car Audio, Video, & GPS Navigation - Sonic Electronix

JBL P462 4" Speakers Car Speakers Car Audio Car Audio, Video, & GPS Navigation - Sonic Electronix

MB Quart DKH 110 (dkh110) 4" Speakers Car Speakers Car Audio Car Audio, Video, & GPS Navigation - Sonic Electronix

Pioneer Premier TS-D402P (tsd402p) 4" Speakers Car Speakers Car Audio Car Audio, Video, & GPS Navigation - Sonic Electronix

use the four channel but bridge each speaker to 2 channels that should be about 100 watts depending on the model... Amp power is very superior to HU power. No advice on 4"ers though.

Look on Woofersetc.com they have the old German made premuim PKC110 with the huge musicomp x overs for like $99 bucks. The older MB's will kill the new MB's on sound quality.

New mb quarts dont look too bad at all.. But then again i havent heard the new stuff.. Really feelin like the alpine type s cuz i heard it at 6 ave. I like the focals and i have good feelin bout those JBls.. grr... lol dam man im stumped!

Wow...after I opened this post I though I had started it and forgot I had, I have the exact same question.

I'm sort of in the same boat

MB Quart

Focal

Diamond Audio

other???

Who's listened to these?

Diamond audio is about half to a third the price of the Focal and MB Quart.

The MB Quart has a few models of 4" speakers...to bad there website ***** and it hard to navigate...and there pdf names don't line up with the model names...

I'm off to look at what type of backing can be put in the dash to help those speakers preform better.

Thanks for the feed back everyone.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.