4 gauge power, 8 gauge ground

Charger has 1/0 welding wire for power and 4gauge for ground from the factory, so yes it can work assuming your ground wire is only a few feet long...

i thought i read somewhere that u can only use a larger ground than power not the other way around...could be wrong though

i thought i read somewhere that u can only use a larger ground than power not the other way around...could be wrong though
Just common practice. As others have said, as long as the amperage demand isn't that great, 8g can work, and the shorter the wire the better it'll work. But for how cheap you can get 4g wire, you're just better off going 4g.

If you start having any issues with static, fading, voltage dropping, excessive over heating of amp, or amp shutting off, consider the 8g ground as the reason first.

HT couldn't have been clearer.

If the amp only requires 8 ga wire then using 4 ga for pwr, 8 ga for gnd isn't a problem. If the amp REQUIRED 4 ga - it would be a bad idea.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.