4 ga terminals help?

Participant count
  • Participant list
You don't need to replace it with 4ga. You can....but don't need to. I run 8ga to my 15" Threatcon 2 but thats just because I had it available to me. I'm only running 1k. The larger wire can carry more current/volts/watts to the subwoofer. If i was running 1500 watts I wouldn't use anything smaller than 12 ga and that would be in a pinch. I'm running 1k watts and 8ga speaker wire but I have 8ga readily available so i figured why not. So if you do change the wire out...go to at a minimum 12ga. If you have it available 8ga will be plenty.

To prove a point at a local show, we took out all the 10 gauge speaker wire from the blazer and replaced it with 16 gauge from walmart.

Differences found:

SPL - Down .1db

To the ear - none

Heat build up - none (while demoing even)

To prove a point at a local show, we took out all the 10 gauge speaker wire from the blazer and replaced it with 16 gauge from walmart.
Differences found:

SPL - Down .1db

To the ear - none

Heat build up - none (while demoing even)
Really... Interesting.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.