4 DP21 Wall Build

Starting work on the rack for the battery tray to bring the batteries up high enough to fit width wise.The gf doing a lil gluing.

ilc6l5.jpg

2icadj4.jpg
That girl sure can glue and screw!

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/naughty.gif.94359f346c0f1259df8038d60b41863e.gif

But seriously, nice work, should be a beast when you're done!

That girl sure can glue and screw!

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/naughty.gif.94359f346c0f1259df8038d60b41863e.gif

But seriously, nice work, should be a beast when you're done!
Yes she can lol.

And thanks.

Some good progress today.

Decided to practice using cardboard for a stencil since I will have to for the beauty panels.

2058bbl.jpg

Another side up.

14kjp0k.jpg

First 2x10 test fit.

es6l2x.jpg

122oo0g.jpg

5vrb5u.jpg

rmofvd.jpg

6zc58m.jpg

Other side.

2ly2w74.jpg

Screws are a lil long for the job, but they do get the job done. Kinda looks cool too, even though all of this will be paneled off.

29gelpt.jpg

I came back into the garage to this.

2mwxboz.jpg

Starting on the back.

wwg66v.jpg

How it sits as of now.

2nk0sxu.jpg

Gonna start on the second layer of 2x10's tomorrow if I'm able to get to Hone Depot to get some more.

should be an interesting build.

i kinda like the 2 layers of 2x10's. i was planning on building my wall out of 4x4's but i might just go price out 2x10's. probably be a lot easier to work with.

Jesus. Two layers??? Haha that's crazy man.
Yep haha.

should be an interesting build.
i kinda like the 2 layers of 2x10's. i was planning on building my wall out of 4x4's but i might just go price out 2x10's. probably be a lot easier to work with.
My plan was to use 4x4s too, but I figured it would be a lot easier drilling and screwing through a 1.5" board rather than 3.5". So ya, probably much easier to work with.

Got the second layer on the sides in today.

vqlfrm.jpg

Holy puddle of glue.

13zzxhc.jpg

Starting other side.

2mf0ynb.jpg

Making a lil sawdust and wood glue putty since there was a big puddle at the bottom going to waste.

348gh1h.jpg

vngxo3.jpg

I may only do one layer of 2x10's and another layer of mdf .75" on the floor, or even maybe just another layer of mdf. It depends on how sturdy I feel it is. With the way that it's bolted down, it seems to be quite rigid now. It wont flex at all even if I jump up and down on it.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.