4 channel fosgate vs. planet audio

Participant count
  • Participant list

joshpoints
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Veteran
I was wondering what's better a fosgate 125 X 4 at 2 ohms or a planet audio 150 X 4 at 2 ohms. I've bought amps that were rated at 1,000 watts that sounded worse than my 600 watt amp. I have a lightning audio amp that is rated at a peak of 600 watts and this particular amp I'm not very happy with, my 600 watt kenwood sounds better. I've heard that lightning audio is made by fosgate is this true? If so, should I stay away from fosgate? Also which amp would you pick? Let me know. If you know of an amp that you think is just as good or better for around $200.00 let me know. I want something reliable. Thanks.

i have the hifonics Z6400 and it does 170x4 @ 2 ohms i believe and 85x4 @ 4 ohm. i paid 210 i believe. if it is the newer fosgate amps...i have only heard bad things and you should stay away from them.

Originally posted by Bumpin03 i have the hifonics Z6400 and it does 170x4 @ 2 ohms i believe and 85x4 @ 4 ohm. i paid 210 i believe. if it is the newer fosgate amps...i have only heard bad things and you should stay away from them.
How do you like it where did you buy it and have you had any problems with it?

Josh if your stuck on the two yuou mentioned at first I would reccomend the Rockford Fosgate because of quality and the fact that they are usually underatted

Originally posted by denim Josh if your stuck on the two yuou mentioned at first I would reccomend the Rockford Fosgate because of quality and the fact that they are usually underatted
If there are other brands that you would recomend, that put out 100 watts X 4 rms and cost around $200.00, please let me know.

Thanks.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.