4-channel crossover settings

Participant count
  • Participant list

Mattd0344
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Colorado
I've tried searching but all I'm getting are database errors....

So I'm installing an amp for my speakers and I'm just wanting to know what I should do for the crossover settings. I have 6.5" Alpine Type S components up front and 6.5" Alpine Type S coaxials in the back.

What should I use for the input levels at the front (Full or HPF) and at the back (Full or HPF)? Lastly, what should the frequency be for the front and the back? I'm just going passive btw.

Thanks in advance for any help!

with nearly 800 post from your account I would have assumed you know a thing or two about setting frequencies..

well, anyways..

I'd start off with HPF for both front and rear, around 80 hz for the front and 100 hz on the rear.. If you're over powering those front speakers it should sound nice, if they're under powered you might wanna set the frequency higher, closer to 100 hz.

with nearly 800 post from your account I would have assumed you know a thing or two about setting frequencies..
well, anyways..

I'd start off with HPF for both front and rear, around 80 hz for the front and 100 hz on the rear.. If you're over powering those front speakers it should sound nice, if they're under powered you might wanna set the frequency higher, closer to 100 hz.
Oh I'm sorry I've never messed with a 4-channel and admit that I don't know everything....//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif Thanks for the advice tho. I already found that as a basic setting, but wanted to confirm.

depends if you have 12db slop or 24db. either way go with HPF and set to about 80hz-120hz. The best way to set:

Set your gain to max power for your speakers

Then listen as you turn the HPF from about 1000hz down and listen to where they start to distort, bass will start to come in but you dont really want them playing below 70hz, most mids cant.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.