4 channel amp to run Focal splits

I have read in subjective reviews that the Boston Acoustics GT amps seem to give amazing detail and sound staging effect to the sound. Their power output is also understated by some 25%. Most likely it's a good amplifier, but warranty support could be spotty since Boston Acoustics is out of car audio game. That, and the challenge of fitting the long surfboard of a high output Class A/B amplifier that is this amp. The soundstream ref are also supposed to be great performers for the money. And yet, at the end of day, I suspect most people in your position end up with Class D Alpine PDX or JL HD because they're just so much more practical to install in cars.

I was leaning towards the Boston myself actually, so that will be the one I try and get I think. Soundstream will be next if the Boston is not available. Warranty is a risk on these purchases for sure, a bit like buying second hand, but most warranties are only 1 year anyway. In my case shipping cost back to the manufacturer would cost more than paying for any repair myself, so I would just do that. Buying a quality product should mean that I have no problems though, so it is a small risk I think.

The size would be a problem for a lot of people for sure - these suckers are big. In my case though it will not be a problem. I am converting 4x4 wagon into a dual cab, so when I make the new rear firewall I will design the audio into the build. Amps, subs (two 8's), crossovers, and a set of the 6.5 Focals will all go in here. It is good to have a lot of space to do this stuff, sure makes it easier.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.