4 channel amp to run Focal splits

ShayneF
10+ year member

I have two sets of Focal splits and need a 4 channel amp to run them - have a monoblock to run the subs, so this is just for the Focals which are 75 watts RMS.

I have been looking at options and have found some gear on onlinecarstereo. I can get some good amps at a good price and ship them to Australia. I need to keep the price to under $400USD, so have been looking at that price bracket.

I cannot post up links cause I am a newbie, but I can list what I am considering.

Alpine PDXF6 (one member I know did not like this for his splits- thought it was harsh possibly being class D) I can buy that one here in Australia for a reasonable price anyway.

Boston Acoustics GT4100 $319

Rockford Fosgate T600-4 $349

Soundstream REF4.760 $269

JL Audio 300/4V2 $389

Please give me your opinions on this lot guys, and let me know what I should be looking at. All quality stuff I suppose, so maybe there is not going to be a lot of difference between them. Price is a factor of course, as it is for us all.

Please tell me what you think about them!

Cheers,

Shayne

I have seen CT Sounds mentioned on this forum, but I would like to stick to brands I know, and can get support for here in Australia easily if I need it. The amps on my list are stuff known to me.

Thanks for your input though.

dude get on the aussie ebay site and have a look at some of the stores on there...... heaps of decent audio gear on there, new and second hand..... just make sure you get a decent brand.

Shayne, there is no guarantee onlinecarstereo will have your item in stock should you place an order with them. We've shipped to Australia and it went very smoothly. I would be happy to take care of you. Some good options I can offer are a CDT Audio SQA-4075, Clarion XC6410, or a JBL GTO-804. The CDT and JBL amps are Class AB, and the Clarion is Class D. I'm using the XC6610 6-channel in my vehicle and it's an absolutely wonderful sounding amplifier. The XC6410 is virtually the same amplifier with 2 fewer channels.

dude get on the aussie ebay site and have a look at some of the stores on there...... heaps of decent audio gear on there, new and second hand..... just make sure you get a decent brand.
That is where I started looking actually. But value for money is not there, apart from the Alpine PDX, which can be bought for the same price here. It just seems to me that I can get a lot better amp for my money from the USA. Happy to be proven wrong though.

Shayne, there is no guarantee onlinecarstereo will have your item in stock should you place an order with them. We've shipped to Australia and it went very smoothly. I would be happy to take care of you. Some good options I can offer are a CDT Audio SQA-4075, Clarion XC6410, or a JBL GTO-804. The CDT and JBL amps are Class AB, and the Clarion is Class D. I'm using the XC6610 6-channel in my vehicle and it's an absolutely wonderful sounding amplifier. The XC6410 is virtually the same amplifier with 2 fewer channels.
Thanks Trumpet.

No doubt buying from onlinecarstereo is not quite as easy as buying from another retailer, such as yourself. From what I can see, they are selling obsolete models a lot of the time, that is why the prices are as low as they are. So what you want may not be available. But some of this gear looks to be very good quality. As an example the Boston Acoustics GT4100 gets positive comments everywhere I can find to read about it, and was a very expensive amp when it was released, about $600 recommended price. Surely for $319 this is great value for money, and would be hard to beat with a new product.

I would appreciate your comments on this. Also could not find the JBL amp you mention in your post. Is the model right?

JBL GTO804ezGreat amp if you are using the passives with your splits
Got it. That was what Trumpet was referring to above.

---------- Post added at 12:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:46 PM ----------

JBL GTO804ezGreat amp if you are using the passives with your splits
Got it. That was what Trumpet was referring to above.

if you want the best, you'll need to pay for it

back to looking at the pioneer/kenwood/alpine/eclipse ect, they'll make a decent 4 channel amp to suit your needs and budget

Wow, $550AUS for a Massive NX4. I'm selling one personally for a fraction of that price.
That is the issue for us Trumpet. We pay a lot extra for stuff compared to you guys in the US. That is why I am looking at the list I posted up in the first place. Even with the shipping cost added on we are better off.

Can anyone please comment on my original question?

Are any of the amps in my first post no good, or is one way better than the others?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.