4 Channel amp help

Participant count
  • Participant list

matthawk7

New here so be easy...

In my e36 bmw I have polk db691's in the rear and polk db5251 components in the front.

The rears are rated at 125 rms and 300 peak and the front components are 100 rms and 250 peak.

I'm looking for an inexpensive amp with speaker level inputs to drive these. I'm considering the following cheap amps:

Blaupunkt THA475PnP

Soundstorm EV 4.2000

Can't post links yet

Any other suggestions for less than 150 bucks? I know these are subpar, but they give me something better than the HU power.

Thanks in advance! Flame on...

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the replies but neither of those allow speaker level inputs. I know I'm limited by specifying that, but hate to add a line level converter.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the replies but neither of those allow line level inputs. I know I'm limited by specifying that, but hate to add a line level converter.
Huh??? What do you think those RCA connections are used for??Connecting to the low level input on an amplifier,you also have the option to wire direct to the high level input by bypassing the rcas

http://www.ebay.com/itm/XSCORPION-SPEAKER-LINE-LEVEL-CONVERTER-AUTO-REMOTE-AMP-TURN-ON-RCA-OUTPUT-/360511178043?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item53f024053b

Huh??? What do you think those RCA connections are used for??Connecting to the low level input on an amplifier,you also have the option to wire direct to the high level input by bypassing the rcashttp://www.ebay.com/itm/XSCORPION-SPEAKER-LINE-LEVEL-CONVERTER-AUTO-REMOTE-AMP-TURN-ON-RCA-OUTPUT-/360511178043?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item53f024053b
I may have misspoken... I'm looking for an amp with speaker level inputs (not rca). Edited above posts to be accurate...thx

Yes, I know..just didn't want to add complexity and 30 bucks to the total cost. If it is more cost effective to add the converter then I'm in...

Thanks for the additional link. Do you think this is better than the Blaupunkt?

I may have misspoken... I'm looking for an amp with speaker level inputs (not rca). Edited above posts to be accurate...thx
Yes, I know..just didn't want to add complexity and 30 bucks to the total cost. If it is more cost effective to add the converter then I'm in...

Thanks for the additional link. Do you think this is better than the Blaupunkt?
Yes I do..Jl make some great amplifiers,some of the best on the market.Ive never liked theyre speakers, or subs, but theyre amps are pretty top knotch,even theyre entry level amps as this one are pretty solid/reliable for the money.You are going to be running a chit load of wires from the hu to the amp from the amp to the speakers,for ea speaker,,just be sure that you label them so you dont forget which speaker is what,ect.It would be cheaper to run speaker wire than buying a LOC, and RCAs, and wire.I use 14ga on all my speakers.You can find a 500 ft spool pretty cheap.

Blau.Used to make Great HU,and amps back in the day.The last ive used wad an HU Montreal,back in like 94 i think, then went to Sony HU.Blau has never made good subs/speakers in my opinion,some of the older amps were fair,but nothing impressive,just theyre HUs in my opinion/experience.They havent changed for the better that I know of,or have read about,and have heard personally from people running theyre amps

Should have mentioned...my car came with a factory amp so power and speaker leads are already there...that's why I'm looking for something with speaker level inputs. It will make the upgrade simple. The factory amp actually had a lot of built in crossovers but the 6x9's and components have that covered.

Thanks for the responses!

Decided on a Soundstream Rubicon rub 4.600 for 133 shipped from newegg. It has the speaker level inputs I'm looking for and I'm sure much better quality. My guess is this is more power than I'll need and more than the soundstorm I was looking at...

Thanks guys

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.