Hfonics brutus 1200.1 dmm math?

blimpthepimp
10+ year member

Im really rusty in the car audio game. What hz do i play? What number should i get on the dmm?

Rusty , I play mid/highs to max to ware the wont distort ,then unplug the speaker wires to the amp,add 50hz test tone cd? add dmm to + and - and turn the gain up until i get what number?

hu eq on flat?

Brz1200.1 2 sundown e 12's l ported box 36hz wire at 1 ohm

---------- Post added at 09:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:58 PM ----------

sundown d4

If I were you I would not set that amp for 1200 watts. You are going over rated and if you set that amp to 1200 watts you will be clipping, and could fry those subs. I would set it at 1000. Steele did the math for u already too.

50hz 0db test tone. set sub level all the way on deck, turn off all bass boost on deck and amp. Turn deck up as high as you will listen to it and play the test tone.

Use dmm and raise gain til you reach 30v AC or as close as you can get without going over. You can do this without the sub connected or with its up to you.

formula would be rms total (900)x1(ohm)=900 and get the square root of 900 which is 30.

test tones can be gotten here. Burn multiple tracks with no gap between tracks.

http://www.realmofexcursion.com/audio/50hz.mp3

sub lvl? my deck has sub nom and rev , im guessing sub nornmal and +6 witch is max.....I fryed 2 memphis prs since i got this amp //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

I think that is for polarity. You may have an option to control the sub level. If u do turn it all the way up. And u most likely were clipping those Memphis subs. I would not go any higher than 32 volts, the difference will be very small.

Steele gave you the formula. Its the square root of Watts x impedance.
I thought the formula used resistance instead of impedance. Does this matter? Resistance is usually close to nominal impedance, but not always so.

I thought the formula used resistance instead of impedance. Does this matter? Resistance is usually close to nominal impedance, but not always so.
The formula is only to get a baseline anyways. When you're set at 1000 at 1ohm, you're rarely going to see the full 1000. This is the thing about using a dmm. You're basically setting your max, bc with box rise and everything accounted for, you won't be near 1ohm often anyways. But when you get to the point where you're trying to decide whether it's a big difference between resistance vs impedance, you should already know the answer and would be using an o-scope anyway.

---------- Post added at 06:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:50 PM ----------

Btw, I had 2 E-15's on 1000 and rarely even got warm.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.