4/3/2 channel amp wireing.

Participant count
  • Participant list

moparman1

PA
I had a Sony xplode 600watt amp given to me. I plan on running all 2 6x9s and 2 6.5s along with 1 12" sub. How do I go about wiring this? The car is a 2000 Chrysler cirrus, any ideas on where to put my amp? Run my power cable? Any help would be great!

What head unit are you using?

What model sony amp exactly?

What brand & models are all the speakers & sub?

What kind of enclosure is the sub in and where is it mounted?

------------------------

2000 Chrysler Cirrus Car Audio Wiring Color Codes

Car Radio Battery Constant 12v+ Wire: Pink/Yellow

Car Radio Accessory Switched 12v+ Wire: Red/White

Car Radio Ground Wire: Chassis

Car Radio Illumination Wire: Orange/Brown

Car Stereo Dimmer Wire: Black/Light Blue

Car Stereo Antenna Trigger Wire: Ornage/Red

Car Stereo Amp Trigger Wire: N/A

Car Stereo Amplifier Location: N/A

Car Audio Front Speakers Size: 6 1/2″ Speakers

Car Audio Front Speakers Location: Doors

Left Front Speaker Positive Wire (+): Light Green/Green

Left Front Speaker Negative Wire (-): Light Green/Purple

Right Front Speaker Positive Wire (+): Light Blue/Green

Right Front Speaker Negative Wire (-): Light Blue/Purple

Car Audio Rear Speakers Size: 6″ x 9″ Speakers

Car Audio Rear Speakers Location: Rear Deck

Left Rear Speaker Positive Wire (+): Brown/Yellow

Left Rear Speaker Negative Wire (-): Brown/Light Blue

Right Rear Speaker Positive Wire (+): Dark Blue/White

Right Rear Speaker Negative Wire (-): Dark Blue/Orange

All I know is It's a Sony xplode 600watt 4/3/2 channel. All my speakers are OEM for now. Sub is a mtx. That's all I really know. The box was bought from a local audio guy.

OK, sorry, I thought maybe you could turn the amp over and look for a label, but apparently too much trouble. Does it look like the one in this link...?

https://docs.sony.com/release/specs/XMGTX6040_mksp.pdf

Also maybe you can look at the back of the sub and tell me if it has one or two voice coils and what impedance they are (probably 2 ohm or 4 ohm) Or maybe there is a model number there.

The reason we ask these questions is so we don't tell you to connect things in a way that will blow the speakers or amp.

You can't connect the amp to all those speakers. you don't have enough channels. I would just connect the amp in 3-channel configuration where you run the front L/R speakers off amp channels 1 and 2 and then bridge the outputs of channels 3 & 4 to drive the sub.

I highly recommend you get a new pair of fornt speakers when you do this as you will probably just blow the factory speakers by adding only an amp.

The amp is bolted down in my car and I drive my truck to school and work so I didn't get to look at the label. Sorry, yes it does look like that one in the picture exactly. I'm probably not going to hook the sub up as I don't listen to music with tons of base. Could I atleast power my front and rear speakers? I'm going to get Sony xplode speakers within the next few days. Thanks for the help.

You could just use the amp to power the midrange speakers. But if you have a sub already I would highly recommend putting it into the system. About 20% of music is played in a range that is not friendly for midrange speakers to reproduce. So even if you dont set the sub to output a lot you in fact gain a lot just by having it.

if you are planning on using the 4ch to run all midrange speakers then yes, but you could get away with just using it to run the front speakers and the sub.
^^ this is what I would recommend.

But - to answer your original question - yes, the 4-ch amp will power the front and rear speakers just fine. This is the most basic application of a 4-ch amp. Diagrams are in the manual. My cautions above about over-powering your factory speakers still apply. Set your gains correctly and you should be OK.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.