3k on an Audioque HDC315

JoeRa22
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Chicago
I plan on putting 3k wrms to my AQ HDC315 (copper coil) and i need some input from people who have done the same or similar.

For the box I'm thinking 4-4.5^3 @ 37 w/ 16in^3 of port per cu. foot.

Its gonna be rear firing in my '01 Dodge Dakota.

If anybody has any input on the situation it would be appreciated.

^^ 32 hz is too low for it. I'm sure you can do burps with 3k on the copper coil, but continuous power I'm not too sure, I've never heard of anyone putting that much to the copper coil daily. The aluminum can handle it though, I'm positive.

I put 2000w rms to mine daily and after some good pounding the cone will get slightly warm, I can't imagine running it at 3k daily.

I was trying to get the alum coil, but they no longer make them in D2. Apparently they do sell D2 recones though.

the older HD was fine off 2 1750s with no clipping(about 3.2kw) the aluma coils are built for abit more abuse daily but im not sure if 3kw would hurt it.. Id say as long as your careful you will be ok...

I dont know how much space you have but 2 12s would be louder and obviously they would like 1.5k each.
Well i already have the 15, so 12's aren't really any option. I've never had a problem impressing people with my 2 12's (e12a's, then HDC3's), but i'd like to try and do it with just 1 15.

I just want to try something different, see what happens. If i don't like it maybe I'll go back to the 2 12's.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

JoeRa22

10+ year member
Senior VIP Member
JoeRa22
Chicago
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date