300x1 @ 4 ohms with adjustable subsonic filter

Well I would say I'm alot more informed, I know more what I want, and how to properly describe it. Is there something to look for when looking for a sub, or is it mostly just getting a good quality sub and matching it with the proper box? I've never seen a sub advertised as being rumbly vs higher frequency.
Yeah the new age of bass, the low rumbling bass culture is very prevalent everywhere. People recommending others to tune their ported boxes very low which just gives a ton of low bass and very transparent midbass and they call it sound quality.

For the sub choice, the most optimal solution for you would be to have a setup just like my buddy. His mustang with two 8"s in a 1/4 wave transmission line box tuned high is just savage on metal! Very clean tight hits and great musical range and can definitely get enough output even in a big suv.

This is what the box will look like, if you can follow the wood cutout sheets and blueprints to build it, this would be your best option.

10014564_642320069242836_445733049854830189_n.jpg

Yeah the new age of bass, the low rumbling bass culture is very prevalent everywhere. People recommending others to tune their ported boxes very low which just gives a ton of low bass and very transparent midbass and they call it sound quality.
For the sub choice, the most optimal solution for you would be to have a setup just like my buddy. His mustang with two 8"s in a 1/4 wave transmission line box tuned high is just savage on metal! Very clean tight hits and great musical range and can definitely get enough output even in a big suv.

This is what the box will look like, if you can follow the wood cutout sheets and blueprints to build it, this would be your best option.

10014564_642320069242836_445733049854830189_n.jpg
Is the ported box a must? I have fairly good fabricating skill, and a compound miter saw, but that looks like a hassle, and needs a table saw (that I don't have, I could use a circular saw I guess). I kinda would like to be able to buy something and just assemble it, but not if its going to sound rumbly.

[quote name='HoneyBadgerRy']Is the ported box a must? I have fairly good fabricating skill, and a compound miter saw, but that looks like a hassle, and needs a table saw (that I don't have, I could use a circular saw I guess). I kinda would like to be able to buy something and just assemble it, but not if its going to sound rumbly.[/QUOTE]

Thats not a ported box, thats a 1/4 wave transmission line. You've never heard one so you have no idea what magic that box does lol.

If you really lazy and dont want to build a box you can try this sub, @Roland has experience with these and the says these excel in the midbass range in a 1 cubic feet sealed box

Pioneer TS-W1200PRO PRO-Series 1500W 12" Subwoofer

They also dont hit the low notes that well so you might not even need a subsonic filter. In a sealed box, the box itself acts as a natural subsonic filter.

That sub looks like the type they use in rock concerts judging from the surround.

I was thinking along the same lines as you when building my system. I really wasn't heading Ina solitary direction since I haven't heard modern systems. So what I did and suggest it for you is flexibility. Get an amp that is one ohm stable and get speakers that are more than just one voice coil. I have a dual voice coil 2 ohms each. So I run it now at 4 ohms and sounds amazing already. But oce broke in I will wire my sub to one ohm and put twice the power to it. One thing to keep in mind too is that a ported box for an 8" single woofer is not easy to make. It's a pain to get the port length you need if you keep the appropriate port area. For example my box is .8cuft but I have a 30" port external. But it sounds amazing.

B2 Audio Zero.3? Rated at 1200rms@1 ohm, 600@2, 300@4 at 12v, if you can keep it over 14v it will do 2000rms @ 1, 1000@2, and 500@4ohm. Its still in use. There is a black mark on the front and overspray on a fin.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.